Trail & Ultra Running Thread

Brilliant result - well done :+1:

1 Like

Well done @FatPom two observations

1. If that’s a picture of you at the finish then I wish that I looked like that when I finished. Great picture

2. I read the sign that your daughter did a little too quickly. I read the bottom left part as ‘You’re so slow!!!’ bit harsh but perhaps its a Korean motivational thing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks mate. She doesn’t know what the Korean word is for ‘shit’ at least :smile:

3 Likes

Hey @tunster , you ready to rock?

Getting there @FatPom

Long day at work - few more hours to do in the morning and then train to London

Packed, packed and repacked….

King pot noodle acquired for halfway at Henley

Weather looks better than last year (45mile an hour wind and driving rain). Better hotel than last year (hopefully no Eastern European early 20’s partying massively until 5am in the morning keeping me awake) and not much by way of rain for weeks which should mean good conditions underfoot (as opposed to slippery as a slippery fish)

No excuses then (other than lack of fitness and fundamental lack of ability) :joy:

9 Likes

I’ve just finished packing for TP100 - catching train down later, then straight to hotel …
Weather looks warm , I have not had great motivation tbh for this , but my mind is feeling strong and worse case scenario 4 miles per hour is 25 hours - I am prepared for the long haul this time . Just want to get this in the bag … no.215 :-). See you on the start line @tunster

6 Likes

What time does this start?

Route practically goes past my house, could come and shout some encouragement - early on in the route though

Best of luck to you all though

1 Like

Good luck!!!

1 Like

Its a 9:30 start so a nice lie in :wink:

3 Likes

My apologies @p00key , I forgot you were doing this as well. The very best of luck to you and @tunster :+1:

1 Like

no worries - I was trying to forget I was doing it too :rofl:

2 Likes

Have a great race all !

I’ll be watching those dots

4 Likes

Number 78 for me

@p00key where are you staying and what time are you thinking of getting to the start for?

1 Like

I’m at the premier inn so it’s a mile away . was aiming to get there 8ish I think just so I can dump my bag for the finish line and faff for a bit. Will look out for you and say Hi (finally) . Just ate my body weight in Pizza and just chilling .

2 Likes

Excellent - burger, chips and cheeky beer on the way for me

See you at the start

2 Likes

@tunster have you seen that thread on Facebook about the potential detour after Henley checkpoint . Hope they manage to make it shorter … looks like CR have only just found about as it was only put in place today .

Yeah just seen that - doesn’t look too bad - looks like we will have to go another route into Shiplake

Wearing yellow cap tomorrow for ease of spotting

1 Like

Have a good day both!

Great conditions today. Cloudy, breezy,

Looks like @tunster and @p00key passed through Walton on Thames at the same time. I’m finding the map hard to expand but I think they might be running together. :+1:

2 Likes