Trail & Ultra Running Thread

Random!

WTF! Thatā€™s a twist and a half!

Very random. Andrew doesnā€™t seem like the brightest crayon in the box!

2 Likes

This is a lovely film. (apart from their stupid ā€˜dog parentā€™ comments. you donā€™t have a fucking fur baby and youā€™re not a parent )

That being said, I looked up the price of the tour out of curiosity, ā‚¬3.5k to sleep in a hut with randoms and no lunches on any day and no drinks included, plus ā€˜tipsā€™.

It looks like a great trip but phuk dat!

2 Likes

Goodness me :exploding_head: .

Iā€™m not sure what happened (apart from Andrew knocking hips with someone).
Who is Nikki, a friend that was giving updates?

What did she do with the information? Iā€™m assuming kept it all quiet until after?

I was guessing Nikki Bartlett, theyā€™re good friends I think

6 Likes

In the Hollywood version of this, Lucy and the other woman both rush to greet Andrew at the finish line. Andrew sees this in the distance and decides a last minute DNF and course detour is the best option. :wink:

3 Likes

Pretty sure I saw Nikki Bartlett saying she was supporting and maybe tweeting for Goss.

3 Likes

Yes, Nikki & her partner took over Lucyā€™s social media feeds during the race & their updates would have been crucial in bumping up the Ā£25,000 that Lucy raised for Move Against Cancer.

5 Likes

Wow - a twist and a half

The blog really doesnā€™t make me want to rush out and sign up for it

3 Likes

what would?

2 Likes

I had to reread that a few times . Brave and classy is all I can say about what she wrote . And sounds like she is better off without him 100%.

7 Likes

Bit of a kicker for Goss but sounds completely horrific, Iā€™ve heard of the hallucinations before.

Just discovered this channel and watched a couple of his films. Heā€™s pretty funny :grin:

1 Like

She tested positive for covid the day after - no wonder she felt rough

3 Likes

As much as Iā€™d love to visit this area it wouldnā€™t be to do this lunacy!

The Speed Project Atacama: The rebel race across a desert - BBC Sport

4 Likes

Yeah nah!

1 Like

Iā€™m actually feeling worse today than I have in the last couple of days. Physically a bit, as my back is in bits but also mentally somewhat.
Iā€™m ok (kind of ) with what happened because bar some kind of miracle, I was not going to finish, and Iā€™m ok with that.

However, Iā€™m having a hard time getting out the door, even for a walk. Iā€™m in that limbo-land between not being upset but not ready to get going again.
Expect a negative update on the weigh-in thread soon. :joy: :joy:

9 Likes

Five months to SDW - no time for that kind of talk lad

Get back on it!!

4 Likes