Trail & Ultra Running Thread

Barkleys update:

6 now out on loop 5, including Jasmine :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Oh yeah, forgot about that bit. That approach after the gate before the real steep bit is well hard on your ankles, such an awkward angle!

I hope all goes well for Justin. Do you remember I met ‘Claire’ at Burnham Parkrun and we had run a good section of NC110 together. She was at Norm’s last year and going tomorrow. This is her, say hello from me if you see her :+1:

2 Likes

Smalleuropeanwoman but big on determination!

Fingers crossed she makes it :+1:

4 Likes

Ah yes - think that’s Otto’s partner. A guy who runs with us every now and again. I have met her a couple of times. Think they live up Bristol way now. :+1:

1 Like

I don’t know his name but he’s pretty thin, FO fast and ginger IIRC. No wonder he’s your mate :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah…come on Jasmin :star_struck:

5 Likes

what’s the latest?

7 out on loop 5, a record apparently.

3 Likes

wow, I take it JP is still there then?

3 Likes

Yep, went out after about 46.5 hours. (Same time as Jared Campbell but in opposite directions)
Updates are always a little sparse once they’re out of camp. It’s only really the arriving and leaving you get to know about.

2 Likes

outstanding! Laz must be doing his nut. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, after a record 3 finished last year, I was expecting electric fences, tigers loose on course etc. this year but I think the weather has been kind and it could be another record including the first woman to finish.

6 Likes

She has over 13 hours for the final lap. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

This guy was first to lap four, Laz held up his flag for him.

5 Likes

Wishing they had a live stream from the finishing line. Just for the last lap.

3 Likes

Just seen a small video where Jarred Campbell, three time finisher held back from finishing his 4th lap to allow Jasmin to get the clockwise route for lap 5. Great sportsmanship. :ok_hand:

8 Likes

That’s amazing.

2 Likes

Really lovely gesture.

2 Likes

Is the cutoff about 9:15 GMT? I’d be expecting them to start appearing soon if they make it?

Can’t bring myself to install twitter again :grimacing:

4 Likes

JP passed the tower 30 minutes ago. 8 miles and 4 books left. It’s going to be really tight. 21.16 is the cut off. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes