Trail & Ultra Running Thread

I really hope that this link works. Anyway it the spreadsheet of results with this years ‘expected’ entrants. This will obviously be updated with more names and as and when laps are completed

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/e/2PACX-1vS7bFn8RH5Na4vVxNijCsFCiHeYqRksDi5D9ddC9Fz4yK7nOQhEg8HwG78lz-PFVB2EkFn4QlJKEXMV/pubhtml?fbclid=IwAR17iuDQwnU4-E4vs3gclbedFd_oguCcizxsV9kX9mr1jklI6ECFZMiEUKA&pli=1&urp=gmail_link

2 Likes

Oh hang on, I think we may have some late entrants :roll_eyes:

GI6hOXrbwAAW67W

8 Likes

Run247 has some coverage as well.

3 Likes

are there only 17 entrants this year?

The data in that spreadsheet will just be collated from whoever has “outed” themselves as being on the startlist. No official startlist is published

2 Likes

No, I think that this is his initial ‘guess’ as this spreadsheet went up yesterday. I think that we will only really know who is running from the Twitter feed (though I am not sure that they give names, rather descriptions of the runners) and when this spreadsheet gets updated.

3 Likes

Runners starting to come in from the first loop, think there were 8 at last count (groups of 3, 3 & 2)

ETA - one’s already gone out again, must have only had a few minutes.

2 Likes

So on Friday Jan plus a couple of friends are doing the Fallout Ultra. The basic premise is that there has been a Nuclear accident and you, as the workers at the Nuclear plant, have to escape to the safe zone before you are engulfed in the expanding radiation. Essentially what this means is that you have to travel 40 miles in any direction as the crow flies within 12 hours. They have really entered into the spirit of things, see the handbook below. You have the option of a Hazmat suit, you can also run a pairs. You will have a GPS tracker / Isotope reader which if the expanding cloud engulfs you will turn black. I of course am the helper, but only if they stay ahead of the cloud :wink:

The handbook

13 Likes

Chianti is a LOT lumpier than I expected :scream:

13 Likes

Don’t bottle it now. :grin:

5 Likes

Looks a corker

3 Likes

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

If the spreadsheet for the Barkley’s is accurate then Damo and Jasmin are looking strong, both have 27+ hours for 2 laps and should be in daylight for now?

3 Likes

9 Likes

Spicy!

1 Like

Good luck, and Mrs T :+1:

3 Likes

Good luck and have a great time in Chianti @tunster and Mrs T

2 Likes

@gingerbongo , is it Norm’s tomorrow? That’s going to get slippery on the descent through the woods towards the ‘big bastard steps’ :smile:

Good luck to the Tunster massive :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is yes. And yup, the course has been so ridiculously wet all winter. Was up there a few weeks ago and the field before the steps, with the big off camber section, is absolutely filthy!

I’m going to go over and help out on Sunday morning. Will probably squeeze a couple of laps in whilst the girls run around the HQ with enough eyes on them.

2 Likes