Training exploits from Pro's and ex pros

New thread for interesting / mad training sessions from Pro’s and former Pro’s

Emma Pooley has been going a little mad this year, with a ride pretty much every week that would take most normal people a month to recover from. However, this week’s edition seems even madder than normal. She’s not giving anything away what she may be training for

Massive ride, and 19 QOM’s

6 Likes

She could’ve done a “Trenching” there - amateur :wink:

I think Skipper’s weekend will slot right in here. From twitter: CC Breckland 12 hour complete, Provisional British record with 326 miles

2 Likes

Pretty sure I heard on OA that the Norwegian ITU lot did a round a mountain ride 300km++ ride in one day because they fancied it.

The elevation Pooley did is just nuts.

That’s insane over 27 mph (44kph) average for 12 hours

I’m guessing it was a flat course

I would have thought so, it’s South Norfolk and it’s pretty flat down there AFAIK. Blooming impressive though

Having been overtaken by her on Bodenburg whilst she chatted all the way…nothing would surprise me…

She took the woman’s Everesting record recently as well

Not quite relevant, but don’t think we have a thread for random pro exploits (just LCB).

Few days ago at local tri club someone was matching me on a swim set, doing 100s off a 1:10 turnaround. Obviously I’m impressed by tri standards, especially when he’s claiming he’s bit tired from doing his first 5k run race the day before.

Turns out he only started swim bike or run 18 months ago, previously a rower. I’m Assuming he must have at least swam at some level but apparently not at all.

Oh and that 5k? He ran 14:46.

Scary if he keeps improving at this rate!
Mitchell Reinhard

8 Likes

I immediately thought of Skipper’s infamous ride at the start of the first Lockdown :rofl:

3 Likes

The one where we all thought “There’s a guy who needs a media team!”

3 Likes