Training - What Training?!

Tri talk story of 2020…?!

All this swim bike run stuff gets a bit repetitive after a few decades …!:tiger:

1 Like

Cheers mate. I have some calls to make tomorrow, so my plan is to do one trip in the morning, starting around 7.30 ish and another in the the evening. If I can knock off 2,000 mtrs tomorrow, then I should be able to get there by end of Tues.

Annoying this, I could have rested my legs today. :laughing:

1 Like

Oops.
Posted wrong place.

Anyway, that’s my cat.
In all likelihood I will have two ginger toms in about a month. My dad (whose cat we are being “gifted”) says “ he likes other cats.”
And y’know 3 human boys in house aged 7-10 with all their renowned ability to be calm and carry on.

It’s already defcon 3 on a daily basis.
We shall see…

2 Likes

Offer remains. I don’t know many folks on here who match my actual output!
Of course, they are all doomed when I drop 6 stone next year…

1 Like

She had a few dressings

…& then a lesser injury to a back leg :roll_eyes:

Such a victim.

4 Likes

Here we go

Black cat

He spends his days out in the allotments behind mine

I have a GPS tracker on him, so I know where he goes

12 hours for me.
3 TrainerRoad turbo sessions and a 2 hr stead-ish ride this morning, plus a bit of cycling with the Mrs.
Last, recovery week of my sweetspot base plan, coming up, then to decide which to focus on afterwards.

2 Likes

Lazy week for me.

33km Beer ride on Monday.
10km cider ride on Thursday.
15km easy off road social run tonight.

Got a plan for something interesting next Sunday though :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Road to Sky with 1.3 Alp

39km, 2hr15, 1,400 mtrs, 167 av watts.

Thankfully, this ride had no hiccups!

3 Likes

Virtual Standard distance duathlon, great day out racing my son in the high winds. The bike course was 2 laps of Zwift’s Tempus Fugit. Scary thing is that at 16 years old he is loving triathlon and Duathlon training as his hockey is still banned.

8 Likes

First week that includes any swimming since early March.

2 Swims - 5200m - 2hrs
2 Rows - 60mins
4 Bikes - 128km - 5:12
3 Runs - 22km - 2.5hrs (1 Brick)
Just shy of 11 hours

5 Likes

Not happy. Work got in the way of training last week and pretty much DIY (or queueing to buy things to do it) all weekend for the 2nd weekend on the trot. The wife’s To Do list can do one next weekend. All I did last week was one interval (Ronnestad) session on the trainer.

1 Like

Virtual racing interfering with training, but a good week overall

6 Likes

Real mixed bag of a week here…
Tuesday, ‘social’ ride with a friend that did not feel very social as he’s a bit of a machine on a bicycle (I mean, relative to me, which isn’t saying much!) - 46km, 474m climbing
Wednesday, nothing. Intended to go out and ride, or get on the turbo, but actually drank some beer and sat on the sofa.
Thursday, much the same as Wednesday.
Friday, filled with woe and self pity… 90 minutes of hill reps on College Road (1:45 total time, 36km, 693m climbing)
Saturday, napped, then cleaned some of the flat, including moving all the furniture in the lounge in which I broke a leg off the sofa moving it.
Sunday, needed to have a day of ‘finding myself’ on the bike… by the standards that have been mentioned here it’s not much but headed out on a route I’d saved into my Garmin as ‘Hell of the Ashdown’, but it wasn’t really the HotA route. 140km, 2,000m of climbing, 6hrs 30. It was pretty miserable, my legs felt like junk from about 4 minutes in. Hightlight was stopping in Knockholt for a can of coke and a strawberry cornetto - a good sugar hit made the last 45 minutes/hour push home a lot easier.

Notes To Self: Goodness I could do with figuring out how to sleep better after exercise. Sunday I was finished by 4pm, and went to bed at 11, but slept like crap so really feel rubbish today. And I could do with being a lot lighter! The route on Sunday I found I was riding well on the flats and where it was a false flat or something like that, but on anything that can actually be considered a climb I just sucked.

7 Likes

Nice. What platform is that screenshot from?

1 Like

7 Likes

Early bird catching the worm

1 Like

TrainerRoad - its mostly manual, only cycling synchs automatically at the moment

Ugh, went from positive to meh in one session! Legs not there today at all. Dont think it was the strength maintenance this morning and I had a say off yesterday…so it must have been yesterdays wine!

1 Like

AND THE NEW…

Static indoor bike champion Tri talk 2020…

MUNGO …2!

Boom …as the bright young things say…!

1 Like