Training - What Training?!

5km jog to Parkrun for 10km all up

8 Likes

how did you get home?

Usually I run but this time of year, Iā€™m weak and get in the car with them :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

After swimming last night, and a race tomorrow, just a light shake out this morning.

2.8km, 34m elevation. 12 minutes.

9 Likes

Niggles OK?

1 Like

Been unwell for 2 weeks. Took the past 7 days off totally (partly due to being in bed for 2 days). Went for a run today in Hyde Park, absolutely bloody awesome. I was concerned that I would be barely able to run, but ran 15km in under 1h10m feeling like I was floating

15 Likes

Decided on last minute TdZ stage. Cycling kit hadnt been washed since last time so had to put it back on still sweaty. :nauseated_face:

10 Likes

Went to the library today. Mrs drove us there, I ran home. Hadnā€™t got a scooby where I was, but navigated with Google maps. 90% of the way was on smooth rubbery surfaced cycle paths. The rest on pavements. All good and safe :+1:

21C, light cloud, mild breeze, perfect conditions for exercise outdoors, weekend morning, city of 2 million people.

Guess how many other people I saw out running or cycling in the hour or so it took to get home?

This many:

zero :cry:

15 Likes

Yes thanks, couldnā€™t really feel it.

Weā€™ll lace up tomorrow and see how we get on.

1 Like

Quads and glutes still massively sore from strength session on Thursday - second day Doms

Went for a walk with son, his girlfriend, Mrs T and the dogs - 10km followed by a very nice pub lunch (venison Wellington - nice but portion size somewhat lacking)

Came back home - had a cuppa on the couch while watching the Hunt For Red October for the millionth time and fell asleep for a hour

Watched England get beaten at rugby (good match though), noticed Liverpool had got hammered by Wolves and then surprised myself by getting off the couch and going into the garage for do treadmill intervals for 1 hr 40 while watching the Blacklist

Sourdough pizza takeaway and a ā€˜couple of AF Pale Ales

A proper good day

13 Likes

he always goes to starboard in the bottom half of the hour.

4 Likes

Crazy Ivan

3 Likes

Well, there are thoshe who believe that we should attack the United Shtates firsht. Shettle everything in one moment. Red October was built for that purposh.

3 Likes

FFS :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Dog up at 0530. Luckily had some bread proving that I needed to divide into rolls for breakfast :white_check_mark:

Then felt knackered and looked at my training since Boxing Day;

26/12 - 01/01 : 14hr 40mins
02/01 - 08/01 : 17hr 30mins
09/01 - 15/01 : 18hr 13mins
16/01 - 22/01 : 8hr 11mins
23/01 - 29/01 : 5hr 17mins
This week? 3hr 30mins :sob::sob::sob:

Seems to be a decline since I went back to work.
The 8hr week was planned, last weeks 5hrs was me abandoning a longer Thursday ride (late home from work) and then too tired to ride on Sunday (again, work related)
This week has been wiped out due to a bad case of CBA.

Must try harder next week :muscle:t3::swimming_man:t2:
Aim is to swim just once. At least to just get back into the pool.

8 Likes

Had to read that sentence about 5 times before I understood that you probably meant proof in the baking sense, rather than the logic sense :grinning:

Looks like you got some massive weeks in early on & theyā€™ll be in the bank for later :muscle:. Hardly surprising that you are doing less if a new job with travel, cognitive load etc. Probably a good call.

The days are getting lighter, Spring is around the corner, itā€™s all up from here :+1:

6 Likes

Yes, in the wise words of the philospher D:REAM ā€œThings can only get betterā€.

7 Likes

Quelle surprise! :smile:

11 Likes

Donā€™t rise to his jokes.

7 Likes

Dough :face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

Itā€™s a rye humour.

3 Likes