Training - What Training?!

I think the thing that appeals is the abundance of nice courses up here. Remember a time up in Islay or some other places - on the way to Skye and thinking - that looks like a nice play to play a round of golf

Anyway I have a complete set of clubs, I can drive the ball quite well… but I need to learn everything else - like hitting it in the right direction lol

1 Like

5 x 300m toys easy swim.
1:41/100m average.
Tired after the office day yesterday :sleeping_bed::yawning_face::sleeping:

3 Likes

16.5km runch for me today. Mostly flat with one climb up the coast path at the end. Very humid and sticky apart from on the seafront, where a nice on shore breeze temporarily helped things.

Running feels like it’s improving now. Have averaged ~40km per week for the last 4 weeks, with an average climb of 16.73/km for the period. Aiming to push that up to about 60km this week if my die fall the way i want them to.

Not so much cycling, but it’s ticking along. I’ve pretty much put this 70.3 in Sept to the back of my mind as just a training day out now.

There are 5 of us from my running group of mates now confirmed to start the 110 in Oct. So that should be a good, social sufferfest.

7 Likes

Inspired by this, I did a tiny hill. And tried a tiny bit, too.

14km in 62mins.
4:28/km. HR maxed at 159, average of 144bpm :joy:

6 Likes

Was that with the new shoes?

(I wasn’t trying on mine though :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :joy:)

2 Likes

No. I only ordered them this morning at 8am when they were released.

These were just some old Vape3s :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Mostly easy training the past week, feeling my way back in (8h on the bike total). This week started running/ swim again with 2k swim last night, again mostly easy with some faster 25/50s at the back end of 100-200m reps. First swim in a month :grimacing: form ropey as you’d expect

4 Likes

1900m pull and paddles swim. Easy.
1:38/100m :white_check_mark:

6 Likes

DAMN RAIN.
IN JULY :umbrella:

All prepped for a 2hr outdoor ride.
Rain came. CBA.

30mins on Zwift instead.
Bonus hour planned tomorrow.
Extra hour tacked onto Sunday, too.

#BritishSummerEnduranceTest

12 Likes

Absolutely nothing. Work is draining everything from me right now.

Last run was Monday and I have a 100km race on Saturday. Taper taper taper :crossed_fingers:t2: :rofl:

10 Likes

Early morning run. It was a bit wet. :roll_eyes:

12 Likes

Went on the treadmill at work.
Rain plus a very tight set of back muscles

Will double up later with a little set of hill reps on the dreadmill

5 Likes

Gym this morning.

Swim tonight.

4 Likes

2.5km swim this morning.
100, 200, 300, 400, 300, 200, 100 easy.
2 x 100m mod
4 x 50m mod
4 x 25m mod
2 x 200m cool down.

Then these bad boys arrived :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

How are they prototypes if they’re on general sale? Was it a limited edition or something? I don’t follow the Nike train any more.

(tbh the next time, though it’ll likely be years away :rofl: i buy super shoes, i think i’ll go over to Asics after my immediate love affair with the NovaBlasts.)

1 Like

No idea :joy:

I’ve got a pair of ASICS MetaSpeed Sky+, they’re good. But not as fast. Weird insole, too. Ribbed. Which is properly irritating.

Not ‘for your pleasure’?

7 Likes

They have to be on general sale for Nike to let their athletes to use them in the Olympics. No competitive advantage, in theory anyone could get a pair and run in them.

I’m sure there is some rule on how many have to be made available, not sure if their is a fair price rule.

I think in theory, if you are willing to part with enough cash, you can buy a British Cycling track bike.

3 Likes

Yeah. They’re okay.
Easy 6.5km in 30mins.

2 Likes

Like £1k socks :socks: :joy:

5 Likes