Training - What Training?!

Short week for me…

10 hours

One race pace … ish OWS

3 x 1 hour static bikes… bit of an experiment that gave surprising results.

Rest core and stretch.

MUCH bigger week coming up.

2 Likes

Seems unfair. I reckon you lost out to a Scottish postie!

Miles off now!!!
Two people did a bulk upload by the looks of it.

Oh well…training log coming soon…

Nowt today.

Henry (my cat) had been limping since yesterday.
Booked a vet visit, but trying to keep him indoors is not easy.

I find when I do nothing, he joins me, so have spent the day playing video games and watching TV

7 Likes

3/4 runs 20-25km. 2hrs (ish)
Depends if you count the one I did with the dog when he wouldn’t bloody move and it took us an hour to do 6lm :rofl:
All easy, some wet.

8rides
700.1km
7,714m climbing
27hrs 5mins

Mon: 40min spin on Zwift
Tue: ~2hr ~40km to the dentist and back for a root canal on the fixie tank
Wed: 10hr 262km ride in the sun. 3,294m climbing. All stuck in the middle. Made the last 70km really nice, just as the sun climbed up to 31 degrees
Thu: 4hr 115km club route flat.
Fri: 5hr 40min 164km club route, flat (1,174m)
Sat: OFF!
Sun: 63km 984m slog fest in the hills. 2hrs 40mins of pain.
Sun: Alpe du Zwift. No. Just no.

Zero swimming.

Total is 28hrs ish for 1,477TSS.

Back above 100CTL at 103.
ATL 178
TSB -63.

Boom

8 Likes

All the best to Henry, cats are the best.

4 Likes

Agree totally. Best wishes to Henry.
14 cats in my life so far, about to be 15 when my dad moves to retirement flat.
Is his name inspired by 80s cartoon “Henry’s cat?”
Only impression I ever thought I could do.

On re-reading, I sound like some cat serial killer.
I am not. No cats were harmed in the making of…etc.

3 Likes

Thanks both.
About to detail the thread

He wasn’t my cat.

Never had a real pet in my life (save a couple of guinea pigs when I was in primary school)
Parents weren’t into animals and when I moved out I never wanted one.

Fast forward to 2017 and I was in the most serious relationship of my life and she was practically living at mine. Her parents had 3 cats and 3 dogs in a small 3 bed house. I’d go over there and got on well with the dogs and one cat.
He’d come and sit on me without invitation and that was that.

She asked if she could bring one of the cats. I was reluctant as they can be pricks, but you know, love and all that. She brought one over but he wasn’t feeling it.

She than asked if she could bring Henry.
Normally getting him in the carrier was a nightmare, but I just scooped him up and off we went, much to the amazement of all involved.

We arrived at mine and when we let him out he was felt like he was home. He was playful, noisy and happy.

I made sure he was insured.
Trained him to respond to a clicker and spoilt him.

He would climb over her to come and lay with me, which she both loved and hated.
He was my boy.

Then in Sep 2017, we broke up.
I asked if she could just leave him for a week so I didn’t lose both of them on the same day, but she said there was no way she could break the two of us up.

So she and her parents let him stay.
He is a reminder of a failed relationship, but also of an amazing 18 months.

He really is like my room mate.
He is a vicious hunter.
He’s like me in that he only wants affection on his own terms.
He’s managed to get my Mum, who hates cats, to buy him stuff and treat him when she comes over.
He’s got his own little fan club on my social media.

TL:DR - I love my cat

10 Likes

Is he a ginger Tom?
Sounds exactly like my Bodge.
I regularly have to check he hasn’t followed me running cos he comes to the front of the drive when I go for an early run. It’s genuinely a fear that i will be scooping him up off the road cos he’s followed me.
He’s presents me with more “gifts” than I care to remember , usually leaving the mouse liver for me. Thanks, mate.
Cats are misunderstood. I’d love a dog if it fitted in my life. One day, after retirement, maybe. But for now, cats rule.

1 Like

As of yesterday, I had 3634 mtrs left for Tron bike. We’ve been at Mum’s all day and I managed to get back in time for one trip up the mountain. 106o mtrs but half way up the other rides disappeared, which I’ve had before but no drama. Finished the climb, got the Massochist badge and jersey but the bloody ride hasn’t loaded. (and I’ve just checked and the badge hasn’t loaded now either)

Grr. So I’m back where I bloody started!

Our cat had us worried last year after what we reckon was a cat fight. She’s not insured cos she’s just a disposable rescue moggy…she ended up costing us £1000+ in vet bills :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Yeah but FP if you don’t have a cause to rail against, what have you got?
You’ll do it. We believe in you!
My birthday is 30th and I’m off. Was going to go on bike ride for morning. If you would like a (fairly shit) accomplice to go up the Alpe 1-2x at like 1.8-2.0w/kg, I can help…Might need to start early at that pace though…

I think you win. That is the cutest cat photo ever!!!
All my boys just died at that!

1 Like

Tri talk story of 2020…?!

All this swim bike run stuff gets a bit repetitive after a few decades …!:tiger:

1 Like

Cheers mate. I have some calls to make tomorrow, so my plan is to do one trip in the morning, starting around 7.30 ish and another in the the evening. If I can knock off 2,000 mtrs tomorrow, then I should be able to get there by end of Tues.

Annoying this, I could have rested my legs today. :laughing:

1 Like

Oops.
Posted wrong place.

Anyway, that’s my cat.
In all likelihood I will have two ginger toms in about a month. My dad (whose cat we are being “gifted”) says “ he likes other cats.”
And y’know 3 human boys in house aged 7-10 with all their renowned ability to be calm and carry on.

It’s already defcon 3 on a daily basis.
We shall see…

2 Likes

Offer remains. I don’t know many folks on here who match my actual output!
Of course, they are all doomed when I drop 6 stone next year…

1 Like

She had a few dressings

…& then a lesser injury to a back leg :roll_eyes:

Such a victim.

4 Likes

Here we go

Black cat

He spends his days out in the allotments behind mine

I have a GPS tracker on him, so I know where he goes