Training - What Training?!

Feeling like nasty nick!

Yeah of course. check you PM

Erā€¦whatā€™s a PM?

You are dealing with a total IT tool hereā€¦

Got it, working on it

Where are we riding, seems like road to sky is answer?

yep RtS. Iā€™m somewhat familiar with it. :grin:

3 Likes

I have to ask (cos you wonā€™t answer me tomorrow):
What after the Tron?

Running, lots and lots of running.

Although, there is that Everesting badge!

1 Like

:joy:

Sorry mate, going to have to postpone until later. got a stinking migraine.

No worries. Get well soon.

Went a little bit silly over the weekend. Ironman VR on Friday night / saturday morning. Straight off run on Saturday morning onto the bike for weekly 85km club ride. Sunday morning a real Olympic Distance Triathlon.

All great fun, but completely knackered

CTL 158
VO2 Max Cycling 73
VO2 Max Running 62

4 Likes

you could say that :see_no_evil: :rofl:

1 Like

Ran last night but calves decided they hated me.
Looking back it could well be the New Balance shoes that hate me

6.49 miles
49:43
7:40 mile pace
127HR

OWS this morning
Decidedly colder than last week
4 laps (3 swim / 1 paddle) but felt like treacle
4156m

4 Likes

8.75k run this morning, fairly hilly, managed 4:15 minute kā€™s.

As an added bonus, thought Iā€™d stepped in dog shitā€¦

ā€¦ thankfully the sniff test suggested it was just mud. :+1::+1::+1:

5 Likes

Lost a mile race against two mates (who I beat in March at 5km but have been doing significantly less training than them since) at the weekend.

Objective was sub 5 for 1609m, and we ran <1:15 for the first 400m but then started slowing (1:17 and 1:22 for laps 2 and 3 I think). I led the whole way until about 300m to go when they both went past and I didnā€™t have another gear, then ended up just jogging it in once I realised Iā€™d lost them both. Rolled over the line in 5:19.55 (they finished in about 5:07 & 5:10)

Then later that night, money started to talk, and we have all put up $100 with winner takes all, by end of August or at latest mid-September.

So I have ~2 months to train for hopefully somewhere around 4:50. Thoughts on how to achieve this? (Paging @gingerbongo who I feel this might be in their park).

I could definitely lose some weight - but how much impact would ~3kg have on a mile effort (It was actually the second heaviest weight on my scales ever on the morning of the race, though am back down a bit lighter already, and could definitely focus on losing more, actual weight). Iā€™m currently on running a couple of times per week with a couple of swims and rides, but with no running workouts (Iā€™m not motivated so easily when by myself)

2 Likes

Is your bet under WADA rules, otherwise DOPE!

2 Likes

I think Runners World used to estimate 10-15 seconds saved per kg lost over a mile, seems a bit high but useful if close to accurate

Not even close. I canā€™t find the source but 2sec/lbs was the best I had seen, less than 5sec/kg.

And as with W/kg, it assumes you lose no power when losing the weight.

TRON bike by end of June. Mission accomplished. :grin:

This morning I had 1171 mtrs to go. I did a short session reverse Epic to get about 160 mtrs in, then logged out and did a fresh road to sky on the TT bike. On the way I managed to level up to 35 and got the Magic shoes, then I got the Tron bike just about at hairpin 1.

I was just cursing the last 3 or 4 hairpins, then on the way to the summit, it flashed up m climb ETA and I was on for a PB! So I nailed what was left and did a 74.45, a pb by 1:20.

I took a screen shot at the top of my avatar on the bike (with MacBook) but I donā€™t know how to find it!

So, after 117,000 mtrs climbed, I finally have the friggin thing. :laughing:

14 Likes