Training - What Training?!

Whatever test metric you use, pick several and stick to them, that way you will enhance your data through a wider range of protocols…

failing that, come and do a bike lactate test here…

1 Like

That makes absolutely no fcuking sense :roll_eyes: More like mong talk.

Now that’s a word i’ve not heard in a long time!!!

We were talking about how offensive that word was just this weekend!
When you were little and called someone it, you had no idea of the etymology of it, but using it as an adult?
Shame on you :wink:

I quite liked the Sufferfest FTP test as it was more like the one proposed by Hunter Allen (IIRC) with a 5 minute all out effort, recover for a bit then all out 20 minute effort. I think eJC is right though, knowing you CP5, CP20 and CP60 is better than knowing just one value.

As or training in general, OK week last week. 11:30 with a long bike > run brick. Outlaw Half this Sunday so will see how that goes. Still a bit fat to run well.

1 Like

It’s a military thing. In fact I also said to a guy last week, ‘in the old days I’d have called you a f’g Mong’

like a lot of juvenile shite, it was probably best left in the military…

2 Likes

As an aside @explorerJC - where do you swim open water?
Trying to find somewhere near Northampton

Don’t be hard on yourself, you were only fitting in :wink:

keep digging…

A good question - I am communicating with a couple of local lakes now…I am also talking to Team Cherwell about Stowe but may have to join the club…otherwise I go to Box End or Brogborough when I am in the area or simply swim at Woodgreen open air 50m pool

1 Like

Testing for the aspects of your cycling which are key to the events you are focussing and/or your weak areas are the most ideal. This data can really inform your training and racing…

I’ve read the Sywell (?) country park starts in June, but that’s a week before my event and I shan’t be swimming open water after that in this year.

It’s new for 2019.

yep, it’s a great location, although I have not swam there…it’s 30 miles from my house which is a bit of a schlep…

If you’re still where you used to be, I cycled past the other night (within 3 miles of the village)
After a few TTs on the A45, I’m going to explore a bit more - the countryside is pretty nice down there!

am still just off the A45 (the clinic is in Weedon) but now live over towards Brackley…the countryside is beautiful here, lots of rolling hills…but the road surfaces are dismal…

1 Like

Ive not been that side of the M1 (well, I have, albeit briefly) yet.
I finding the road surfaces around Northampton to be superb compared to Cheshire.

After a certain age for a man, the athletic achievements just aren’t possible, but with the right company it can still be an adventure certainly.

2 Likes

Deep

Jim is here.
Hi Jim!

3 Likes