Triathlons GOAT

Shout out to Sister Madonna Buder too

1 Like

Scott for taking the sport into a ‘modern’ era…Allen for being able to beat him…

1 Like

And Lou Hollander

1 Like

Isn’t that Les McDonald i.e. the Olympic Era. I wouldn’t call the 80s the modern era; it was still a fringe sport when Scott won his last Kona.

Yep, it’s 32 years since Dave Scott last won Kona :astonished:

1 Like

yes, but he took IM from a jaunt into a race…

Without Dave Scott there probably wouldn’t have been any Mark Allen.

to the extent and level of achievement, certainly…

So Brownlee officially aiming for a third Olympics

… Go on.

It’s a very ‘corporate’ piece. “I just want to go and enjoy myself, hopefully I can be competitive”. The bit about his IOC ambitions is interesting. But I really hope he doesn’t just go to make up the numbers, if he goes he has to have a shot, otherwise take a proper domestique for Yee.

1 Like

For what, course cutting?

eh?

Nice comment on Slowtwitch, saying she only still does tri “out of habit”

Rumours abound years ago about some ‘divine intervention’ for the good sister.

If by some miracle, Brownlee won Tokyo, where would that put him?

I currently have Frodeno well clear in second place, and able to see Allen just up the road. If Frodo can win another Kona, then it’s just a coin toss. It’ll be interesting to see what he does in Roth this year.

Japan :thinking:

3 Likes

Very good Daniel san.

Any 3 time Olympic champion at 3 different games is one of sports greats. He’s only 32 remember, plenty of time to get Kona done after (and his Western Australia performance must have put to bed any doubts that he can put together a top level Ironman performance)

Top.
In the same league as Pinsent and Redgrave, along with Hoy (we won’t mention the lanky bloke :wink: )

Like he said in his press statement, the Olympics is magical and holds a lot more kudos than Kona.
To qualify, peak and win gold at an event every four years is a phenomenal achievement.

Kona is a roll of the dice each and every year.

1 Like

When is Michael Phelps announcing his foray into Triathlon?

I agree with @Poet but don’t know what Peter Crouch has got to do with it. I do think he will go to Tokyo to help Jonny and see what he can get if he isn’t within reach of gold himself.

1 Like