Trisuits

Good Intel. :+1:t3:

Not bad pricing as well (even though the designs are questionable! :rofl: )

Ta

1 Like

@gingerbongo this may also be worth a look.

I’ve got the Spider LD Aero trisuit and they’ve got a few in the sales (depending on your size). I’ve got the large but could have (probably should have) gone with the medium.
I’m considering getting the two piece (top €60 shorts €74.50) as in my last 4 races I’ve need to make toilet steps on the run and getting the one piece suits back up over my shoulders is a right PITA

2 Likes

Our club suits, bibs and jerseys are made by Raceskin. Decent kit, no complaints at all

1 Like

@Mr-me cool, will cool at that, ta. Hadn’t even considered a 2 piece. But i guess as long as it doesn’t rise, then it doesn’t really matter does it?

Ayone tried the Santini kit? I know they’re tied up with IM at the mo, but this one is winning in terms of style for me :heart_eyes: (in the pink, obvs)

I’m using the expensive D2Z Endura one now (I got it on “sale” at £200 :eyes:) . Fits well and is comfy, and definitely feels fast. Was no problem at Cotswold last year, but for the full recently I stripped the top half off in T2 and put a separate top on “just in case”.

Huub suits did not work for me, despite being a big fan of the wetsuits and them fitting me well. Anything I got my legs in had no chance of getting the top half in, and anything bigger for top half was baggy as hell in the legs. Definitely made for skinny triathletes.

I have heard good things about bioracer, and their vfm has always seemed good. If I got back into TTing, then that’s where I’d probably go for a standalone skinsuit (so as to save my trisuit)

ETA - no issues at Cotswold, but 3.8k plus salt water did seem to cause issues under the arms of the Endura suit. Will vaseline up in that area in the future as it was a pretty nasty and deep abrasion that took a good couple of weeks to fully heal (the other side was similar, but not quite as bad)…

2 Likes

Faster with that hair off :swimming_man:t2:🧑🏼‍🦲

Not if its all coveted by a trisuit?!

1 Like

Good point :see_no_evil:
For the pool, man!

Check these out. Well reviewed and half price due to them closing down. I bought the Purple Thunder suit a couple of years ago. Super comfy.

1 Like

Ok thanks all.

I’ve got a spreadsheet running of the various options, having done plenty of research today.

I have however just spotted a couple of Castelli Sanremo 2s in Sigma for £97 (ea), which is half price. They had a S and a M in two different colours, so i’ve snapped them up quickly. Will see what they’re like when they arrive. I’m hoping they’ll be fine as i was quickly doing that thing where i was becoming desensitised to the cost, and started looking at stuff even over £200. No! Stop!

If this is no good, i think i’ll go to the Santini at £113 and if that’s no good then it’s the Stolen Goat at £160, but i’ll be on the lookout for deals. Thanks for helping me dodge a Huub bullet though!

3 Likes

Get everything Huub.

Black Friday sale coming up. I have three tri shorts, one separates tri suit, their thermal bib longs and jacket, and socks.

And I’m not skinny.

Fair point. My comment was based on their aero suit. I have a norseman model sleeved suit of theirs that’s great for colder races (that I got in black friday sales). But their Anemoi one was definitely for twiglets

1 Like

I have a Huub wetsuit … well i have half a Huub wetsuit, and the other half is air or Black Witch.

:rofl:

8 Likes

They arent good for tall people either. My Archimedes 2 suite is ok, but a little short in the legs and arms. But the DS trisuit in XXL is too short in the body and chafes my undercarriage

Yeah, I’m actually surprised at the sizing, I’m getting medium where I’m usually relegated to large. Might even chance a small this time…

But I hate it when different garments fit differently from the same company, I havent got their super sleek stuff yet.

Yeah, can’t comment on their clothing but wouldn’t touch the wetsuits with a barge pole.

2 Likes

The four Uber fast improving Tri guys that I know all have the anemoi tri +.

If your lucky you will get near your budget in a Friday sale.

The two I know IRL swear it made a HUGE difference, but they say that about there carbon shoes and 10 k tt bikes.

Personally I find the Cass / race skin ones are very comfy

1 Like

Yeha I have to remmebr, I’m no pro. I’m not chasing podiums or Kona, and neither am I rich.

So it just needs to be comfy, not baggy/flappy, flexible for swim and not hinder my run. I lose more Watts every Friday and Saturday with the crisps I eat and wine I drink! Easy to get carried away.

3 Likes

How do people find the wear/durability of their trisuits?

Ive set a midlife crisis related goal of doing an IM or equivalent before my 40th in 2025, and have entered my first Sprint for next year. I’ve been fairly active across all three disciplines independently forever and really enjoying the training as painfully slow as I am, and was going to try and pick up some tri kit in Black Friday.

I wasn’t sure whether to just get a fairly cheap entry one to do me a couple of years of sprints and Olympics, then upgrade as I move up distance, or if these things last good that I may as well invest 120-150quid (ugh, although it’s the racing wetsuit prices that are making me weep) in a good one on sale targeted for long distances (like the Zone3 Lava someone mentioned or 2XU Compression).

Also a bit annoying there’s not many places nearby where I can go in and try stuff on and get advice on fit (I’m in Glasgow, we’ve got a triUK but it’s a fairly small add on to an Evans Cycles). I do nip down to London every once and a while for work, are there any good stores there with decent ranges and good staff who can help look at different options? I’m tallish (6ft 1) and scrawny (11st 2) narrow waist/hips so seem to fall weirdly in a lot of size guides, so worried about leaving the decision to myself.

Sorry to hijack thread. Been floating about here for about a year and enjoy all the chat and figured I’d finally ask a question!

10 Likes