TT bike rear light

What y’all using?

I need something for my Giant Trinity.

1 Like

Scorpion fourth superb light just check the fixing tho as they do not fit every seat post profile

1 Like

Seen a few recommendations for a Moon Nebula. Seems to fit a Cervelo S3 so should fit, I think. Any experience with them?

No I have had a scorpion for many years, have a Heath Robinson cable tie fix on my P3 seat post

2 Likes

i bought the Moon Comet X Pro this spring, and i can’t praise it enough. I think it’s a great little light.

It came with all sorts of fixings including saddle rails and posts. Can’t comment whether it would fit your Trinity, but happy to post a pic up here, if needed, with the various bits and bobs.

1 Like

I use an exposure flare or swap it out for a Trace R light for my trinity. I fixed with two zip ties around the saddle rails so it is out of the way and rock solid

2 Likes

I use a moon mount on the saddle rails. Could take any of my moon lights but generally using the ‘ring’ one to fulfil requirements as its tiny.

1 Like

@mw22 are most rear Moon lights attached with the magnetic twist & click arrangement?

Nah, bit like how cateye do em

You could possibly Invert the mount, but think saddle would need to come off.

1 Like

No mounting of anything with these bad boys.
They also fit anything (the Zecto Rear 80 even clips onto running shorts)

2 Likes

If you’re at all interested in the Garmin varia - I know they’re a bit marmite and some see them as overkill- there is a mount that fits v well on my tt bike aero seat post:

1 Like

I have the same lezyne strip light, and I’d use that to meet the requirement of the new CTT rule on my Scott Plasma aero seatpost in a race.

For general riding on my TT bike (it’s a bit “un-aero” for a proper event!), and any bike now in fact, I always use this. A few times I’ve gone out without it, and it’s surprising how much I miss it. I don’t use it at all in London, but out on quieter roads and it’s really really useful.

1 Like