TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

Yes - camping sounds ideal

Well Iā€™m definitely camping then!!

1 Like

Tempted to leave the family, camp and have the Monday off, maybe the Friday.

Only problem is the tent is a 10 man beast which isnā€™t the easiest to put up on my own. I have managed it once though.

I think thereā€™s a campsite on the site isnā€™t there? (or at least a field that gets used race weekend?)

2 Likes

Havenā€™t looked yet. On site sounds good though?

NOT this place

3 Likes

I have some standards when it comes to camping. Electric hook up at the minimum

Christ - I forgot about that bit

Definitely that place :open_mouth:

1 Like

I found this one, 3 miles away, leccy hookup, in the grounds of a pub!!!

4 Likes

Haha! My dad ended up staying at a Butlins once because he was going for the cheapest accomodation available. He didnā€™t get involved with any of the theatrics, but was chuffed with the buffet and clean room!

2 Likes

When I did the event, a group of 7 stayed in an AirBnB self catering in Somerford Keynes. Great spot for the family - but as you say expensive!

1 Like

That could be Magna second right being a pirate ā€˜nā€™ all

1 Like

I donā€™t even own a cable to make use of EHU. Cool box and battery pack for phone.

1 Like

If you can stay near the A419 you should be able to get there pretty quickly, which opens up Cirecester, Cricklade or parts of Swindon (North & East).

Premier Inn North Swindon - Family room Ā£107 / Ā£127 (flexible) for 2 nights. 20 mins away.

1 Like

For camping I think the cloest would be: camping

When I was a marshall this year I did see a few tents round the edge of the on site car park.

2 Likes

iā€™ve been outed!

Sorry, I feel like I should probably be chipping-in with local knowledge here; Iā€™ve not been tracking this as Iā€™m not in Tri-mode these days.

Once all these annoying early meetings are out of the way, Iā€™ll have a look. Itā€™s tricky because you have to register the day before; although because I lived 30-40 mins away (depending on time of day) I used to ask for Registration on the day to save the back & fwd on a Saturdayā€¦although they can only do this for a relative few.

Bear in mind that at 4 in the morning, the journey times in this part of the world are short on race morning; so donā€™t worry about being a little way from the site.

3 Likes

Otherwise know as ā€œon standbyā€

2 Likes

More like a Herniaā€¦a hiatus :sweat_smile:

1 Like