TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

Nice one @GRamsay - ticks all boxes for me. Booked - so I at least have something when I get to next June and would normally start panicking :slight_smile:

1 Like

jobs a good un then, will crack on & book something later :+1:

The on site one has closed down not, not available unfortunately.

Unless iā€™m organised enough to sort somethign for the entire family, i think iā€™ll see if i can borrow my mateā€™s campervan and head up the evening before. There were about 9-10 vans in the main car park with people kipping overnight - obvs no facilities etc. The roads in to the car park do get busy the later you leave it though, so make sure you try to get the early wave when they ask next year. When i was walking from the car park to transition and back, the access road was bumper to bumper with cars.

1 Like

They donā€™t park you on the site anymore though iirc; itā€™s a field on the opposite side of the lane? So if you want to park on the actual site youā€™d have to go the night before and hope they donā€™t kick you out?

Correct. I donā€™t think theyā€™ll let you on the waterpark bit at all.

Still a Fiver to park though init?

2 Likes

Canā€™t remember. Youā€™re probably right though. But with overnight camping ā€¦ thatā€™s a bargain! :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah it was.

Is it???

That feels like something Iā€™d remember :roll_eyes::money_with_wings:

Everyone: I stayed at Travelodge Swindon West.
It was Ā£29 for one night and full of triathletes.

Thereā€™s an Aldi and Lidl opposite.
Plus a Screwfix, B&Q, Home Bargains and all of the other good stuff we chat about on the DIY/Beer threads :rofl::see_no_evil:

ETA: Jesus!!! Itā€™s Ā£66 now :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::exploding_head:šŸ§˜šŸ»ā€ā™‚

3 Likes

Dont drive up on the morning at like 2am, thinking ā€˜ahhh itā€™ll be fineā€™ after literally not sleeping moer than 20 minutes that night.

It wonā€™t be.

4 Likes

I drove down at 4pm.
Went to Aldi, checked in, watched Casualty, slept.
Up at 4am.
Registered racked raced.
Off site by 11am, home by 3pm.

Jobs a good un

You forgot the bit where you were wandering around Transition trying to blag an AA battery. That must have taken a while :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

AAA :+1:t3:
But yeah, carry a couple of spares now.

Plus I secure my saddlebag and BTA better :roll_eyes::face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Easily <2:25 on there next year :trophy:
(For the bike)

1 Like

Coulda-woulda-shoulda. Welcome to my world :rofl:

6 Likes

You had options! :man_shrugging: :joy:

1 Like

Meh. Your 45s pale in comparison to my running PBs :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I just hope thereā€™s no late night revelry at the Thames Head pub that night :sweat_smile:

Donā€™t forget your silk handkerchief to procure river water :+1:

2 Likes

or your monkey

There will be plenty of revelry from me on the Sunday night so it will be fine.

But a monkey and a gibbon are very different things :man_shrugging:t4:

Gibbon is a lesser ape.
Monkeys (in the main) have a tail.

Simples.

So Iā€™ll bring my gibbon, you bring your monkey