TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

Still considering turning up for the swim and cycle then DNF the run - so possibly. Will be a bit last minute

3 Likes

Like @JibberJim i have to see what the family are doing

This could be the most masterful bit of sandbagging so farā€¦

5 Likes

Thanks @Jgav . Hopefully Iā€™ve got the wife in tow and Iā€™ll be sitting in the EHU at the Thames Head till I head down to the field sat night.
Appreciate the invite tho :+1:

1 Like

:laughing: no Iā€™m genuinely injured

1 Like

Top organising @Jgav, itā€™ll be like herding cats :grinning: . Iā€™ll have too much stressing/faffing to do to be out on the Saturday evening, have fun.

4 Likes

Oohh someone is taking it serious!

6 Likes

nope Im still dumbfounded as to which segment this is :joy:

2 Likes

Howā€™s the body feeling today @fruit_thief? Has it taken a bit of a toll?

My legs are proper tight after that little exertion at the end of my run yesterday. Probably not a wise idea, but I had too kyxb excitable energy at the time!

2 Likes

He should be feeling superb, having just done a 20 x 100m swim set off 1:45.

Which is what yā€™all should be doing the day after these brick sessions :clap:t3:

3 Likes

I think youā€™ve got the order of triathlon wrong

3 Likes

Yeah, nah. F that.

2 Likes

Not too bad, wouldnā€™t want to wrestle a bear though. Contemplating a swim after work today if thereā€™s a pool slot. Wish I was near enough the sea to just have a dip anytime like you.

Actually itā€™s our running clubs annual handicap race this evening, 12kmā€¦ Staggered start designed based on recent 5km or 10km race time, theory being that everyone should finish together. Itā€™s a great event because everyone from the fastest to the slowest has a chance to win, we have had a 65 minute10km runner beat a 2h25 marathoner before. Considered doing it for 1 second but then thought nah.

4 Likes

Yeah - theyā€™re super awesome those club handicap races. I always utterly burn myself in the first 3km trying to catch the 20-22min 5km runners :rofl:

I did some heat training today :hot_face::fire:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure you all knowing what a bellend I am in real life would help.

2 Likes

Donā€™t be shy :smile:

1 Like

Where does this take place, Lilliput? :wink:

1 Like

Number arrived with this morningā€™s post

1 Like

The others are probably coming from B&Q with a bag of sand :rofl:

3 Likes

You know what, I ran past Travis Perkins this morning.
I might bring a bag of sand to give to Graeme to present to @fruit_thief when he podiums :joy::facepunch:t3:

ā€œHey all! Iā€™m home. Came 1st in my age group and got this 15kg bag of Sharp sandā€

6 Likes