TT Smackdown 2024 - poll in thread

You do you. Im bringing some bottled water, and beer

1 Like

Glass bottles I hope.

3 Likes

It was actually a baboon in the video, which is a primate.

2 Likes

Of course. Won’t be glassing anyone with a plastic bottle now. Although fully loaded and launched with froce it can be a decent weapon against drunks and triathletes

I honestly couldn’t give a monkeys :rofl::see_no_evil:

1 Like

I said to my wife do you mind if go for a few days when I do that triathlon. She said I don’t care what you do as long as it gets you training again.

Everyone else heard that as Dr’s papers for a new bike yeah?

12 Likes

She’s a kipper👍

2 Likes

Keeper🐠

2 Likes

Hopefully by May next year, she won’t have changed her mind!

1 Like

Don’t ask me why i’m doing this, but i am. And this will stick.

But i’m obsessing over my performance this year at Cots, and what my targets are for next year, despite it being flippin miles off.

I am (currently) settling on this. I think.

Swim should be about there .

Bike - need to find an extra 1.57kph on top of what i had for the first 80km of this year’s ride (before i got lost). Bearing in mind the busy course probs aided me even if i was a conscious non drafter and the no swim. But the yo yo-ing was annoying and there was deffo energy/hydration downsides of hanging about before the non swim. So maybe it balances out? New bike should/may help (?), but also need to be a bit stronger .

Run - 5 mins quicker than this year. This is what i believed i was capable of, or close to. I ran similar times off big bikes in training. Hoping the new bike will help my legs out a bit next year. May, ironically, be the hardest one to nail.

8 Likes

Nice. I will look forward to you shooting past me on the bike :slight_smile:

What website is that?

1 Like

https://tricalculator.com/

1 Like

Sub 4:20, that’s punchy! @Poet went 4:27 or something two years ago?

2 Likes

Nice

Could be another tri battle royale between you and @Poet if he decides to race

Wasn’t he targeting 4h19 as well?

I didn’t say i’d actually manage to do it!! This is sat at my keyboard, in a warm bedroom on a showery November day having not trained for 3 days! :rofl:

May as well set lofty ambitions, and then see what happens!

3 Likes

4:19 dead. None of this adding 50 seconds rubbish :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Actually the more i think about it, the harder it gets! :rofl:

That’s very fast on the bike! The first time i did it i was chuffed with a 31kph average!

What’s the logic behind the bike split? What were you doing on the roadie?

37kph average up to 80km on the roadie.

Then on the calculator i locked in the max run and swim pace i think i could hit, and this was the bike split i was left with! Well, originally it came out at like 4.21 or summin, so i tweaked it down below 4.20 out of interest.

T1 is probably a bit slower than that in real life. Probs T2 as well actually, so maybe <4.25 would be more realistic.

1 Like

In my first middle distance race in 8 years, after having 5 years off, yeah. :shushing_face:

Swim was naff - proper scared of biff, so I started near the back left (?) and swam wide.
Bike I stopped twice - once for my BTA another for my saddlebag.
Run - hit the deck coming out of T2 and lost 20s/km for the first 2km whilst running it off.

Got a disc wheel and better TT hat now.
Plus I know I can dig deeper on the bike and still run at 4:17/km.
probably go for 240W and “sprint” the swim (it’s short)

0:28
0:02
2:20
0:01
1:28

Piece o’piss

4 Likes