UCI World Champs

It’s on all week so thought I’d start a thread.
I watched some of the Mixed Time Trial Relay yesterday and whilst I enjoyed the the actual time trials the format seemed a bit forced to me. Don’t know if they saw the popularity of the Triathlon Equivalent and tried to replicate it.
They may as well have run the men’s & women’s races and added the times together as there isn’t really a relay element to it in truth.
3 members per team was interesting and some teams lost one very early on leaving no margin for error.

Not aware of this, but a relay of Individuals, say 3M 3F, all doing ~10k each could be interesting.

Heading to Leeds at the weekend to see friends and drop in for the road races.

Great result from Elynor Backstead in the junior TT. She’s obviously benefitting from great genes. Her dad reckons that her little sister is an even better prospect for the future.

Must. Resist. :sweat_smile:

Did you see her save on that corner? Not sure what percentage was luck/skill but I was puckering just watching it. You could hear her dad at the end saying “Don’t do that to me again!”

What a twat to say such a thing about his kids.

1 Like

Jan Bakelants via Jan Bakelants: World Championships course is on the limits of dangerous | Cyclingnews

“It’s not a lap for time trialling, and, to be honest, I don’t think it’s a lap for a road race either,” he said after Belgium placed ninth in the mixed team relay.

"I think that it’s pretty dangerous. It’s really technical. That’s obviously very good for [the Netherlands’ road race favourite] Mathieu van der Poel because he’s going to love it, I’m pretty sure, but it’s on the limit when it’s wet, and it’s probably going to be on the limit because we’re in England.

First of many? Not sure what the weather is like this weekend but probably :cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

So does he moan about the cobbles in Paris Roubaix every year too then?

1 Like

That first one is rather amusing. Head down TTing for sure. The flooded bit of the road was pretty obvious, versus the “dry” side on the left. Funny to see the team car plough straight into it as well!

Having said that, such levels of flooding on a world championship event is pretty mad. If it was any other more minor event, I imagine it would have been cancelled?

Just watched that - what a numptee.

1 Like

That Dygert has just won a short tt by the biggest margin I’ve ever seen…!?

That’s awful.
Not a great advert for Yorkshire :triumph::cry::man_shrugging:t4:

43 kph
Over that course in the wet
Insane.
Dutch girls still to finish but there’s no way
American caught 7… riders?!?

Route changed due to weather, staying out of the hills so sprinters teams will be happy.

That sucks!
Yesterday was awesome - seeing Otley on TV was awesome :heart_eyes_cat:
Great that Lizzie got to the front to give the immense crowds a wave.
Brilliant racing yesterday.

Yeah I’m here watching. Good day yesterday but today just looks soul destroying. With group Irish guys so they’re more hopeful for Bennett now

1 Like

I canned it off due to the weather forecast, but then when I saw it on TV, the wife was livid :see_no_evil::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

There’s a great dog cafe in Otley (Salami and Co.) and the butchers (Weegmans) do the best pork pies I’ve had.

Plus, Chevin Cycles is always worth a look round.

Isn’t it illegal to eat dog in this country?

1 Like

The m62 is shut!
Huge crash if you we’re going up 11 ish.

Waiting to go away but may be some time…

Did an 80 mile loop yesterday Tan hill & others then stopped in Richmond last night. Plan was to ride out to the race today but sacked it & watching on the telly instead.