Van Rysel Set to Disrupt the bike market?

Agreed, but he’s got a very strong aerodynamics background in F1.

That’s because Swiss Side and DT Swiss didn’t have a disc until last year

Fully agree with this. Speed Concept was always a very aero bike, Handling and climbing may not be as good as newer bikes, but I doubt that you will see much difference in speed with a new £10,000 bike

5 Likes

Interesting that gen 1 SC from a decade ago might be as quick as current tech. When I was competing regularly 5y ago I speculated that my decade-old P2C wasn’t far off the best, perhaps optimistically, on the basis I’m well fitted to it and (was) able to stay aero for 112 miles, with wheels and brakes that I’d argue are optimal for the challenging courses I rode (Lanza, Helvellyn etc).

I should probably say hello again, after a few years absence. Was semi-regular here whilst doing mostly long course, but just one half IM in the last 4y. Quit my job, got a smallholding in Shrops, got into fellrunning and MTB.

Maybe there’s a thread there, old and new tech. In getting back into mtb I’ve just swapped a lovely old 26" for a '22 spec 29er, and so much has changed! I also ride a 20y old Ducati and I’d argue that much less has changed in that sphere, in road practical terms…

9 Likes

:+1: no going back to the tarmac!

2 Likes

I’m still riding my 2006 P2C. Does the job!

2 Likes

That’s not a bike, that’s art with wheels :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Actually, I still do some ‘ordinary’ running Jeff. For some years I’ve done running-form work, barefoot and minimal, which I continue now. Also like to keep up something I’m decent at, as opposed to being a mediocre fellrunner! Have run trail for many years, but fell is a world apart really. The local group includes some national level characters; the bar is set high but they’re very welcoming.

3 Likes

Arr, I did have a Duc 916 but swapped for an ST4S. Occasionally think about a 1098 but don’t ride enough to justify it these days…

1 Like

Me too, I’ll ride the P2C in local TT sporting courses for fun, and keep for triathlon hopefully again one day.

2 Likes

I had a Z900RS but couldn’t get on with it fully. On a 25 yr old VFR800 now. (when the sun comes out!)

Hop over to the Moto thread. :+1:

1 Like

My P3C is about 2008 or 09 vintage. Still does the job…

2 Likes

But those must be pre-disc brake and Di2, how do you not die?

8 Likes

Choose the right course and you don’t need brakes or gears.

9 Likes

I’m on my 2012 Blue Triad
10 speed mechanical gears
Tubulars

3 Likes

it’s a challenge, for sure…and people point and laugh as i set up in transition…

2 Likes

Is Blue still manufacturing?

Until you get revenge when their battery goes flat in some ridiculous gear :joy:

Yep

https://rideblue.com/tri

1 Like

thanks

JC Silverstone

yep…

4 Likes

Silverstone?