Vaseline on forehead for running

despite having no triathletes in the house, we have kit-brix and dryrobes…

Dry Robes. I still don’t get those. What’s wrong with a towel and a warm jacket/parka? Or, just one of those heavy golf/sailing fleece jackets with a shell outer that you don’t mind getting wet…

I used to think they were stupid but when you are the end (or start) of an ultra in the middle of nowhere, they look great and I’m envious. They are also great for changing post surf.

Look bloody bulky though

Just buy a Buffalo then; you can wear it to the pub or Waitrose too…

Wow. I do remember the triathlon box days. That lasted beyond 1 season. #GoodTimes :joy::joy:

Still available 89.99…with a pop up on the web asking “What would you do to improve the triathlon box?”

I thought about buying one for someone i don’t like…

1 Like

Okay, after 3 days I can take no more, and edited it to Vaseline in the title :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I think the point is it’s a robe, not a jacket, ie it’s long enough to cover the legs, and I don’t think it’s got anything to do with being a towel other than being expected to go on over a wet you and towelling is good at absorbing some of that wet to pull it away from just making you chilled - unlike normal jackets where the assumption is you’re dry under the jacket and just keeping the wet out, with just enough breathability to manage light sweating.

They look to be twice the price of your average dry robe, and do they not heat the pubs and supermarkets round you?

Well, I’ve gone 46 years and a lot of trips to the beach or OW swimming without needing a Dry Robe; I do find warm jackets occasionally useful though :laughing: :wink:

I think the best advantage of the is that you can change completely covered and warm (and modesty intact).

You mean people don’t just use an old curtain with a drawstring any more?

250 quid on a weird golf jacket, but also bits of old curtain? You’re a weird duck

You not see those big things people used to change under in the 70s/80s on the beach? I’ll try and fish out a picture from Google.

Yes, I was surprised how much the Buffalo jackets were. However, for something that will last many years and be used a lot over that time, it represents a lot better value than a Dry Robe. No? …or do you use it after a bath or shower at home?

Here you go…
download

Of course not, they’re coats not towels!

My old man has just gifted me his buffalo that’s probably about 30 years old and still in great condition!

You realise that people, you know, are actually allowed to have a different opinion than you, right?

1 Like

Yes, don’t worry. I think I just have it in for the Dry Robe :upside_down_face:

I’m going to silence Hammerer though, for liking your comment.

1 Like

:laughing:

No-one’s falling for that, it’s yours isn’t it!