Vlm 2020

Depending on the outfit, could you have the NEXT% on, but then put on some type of overshoe to be in keeping with the rest of the outfit?

Say, like this if it should be white boots: https://www.hollywood.uk.com/go-go-white-boot-tops-bnov-ba1050

Some old fancy dress outfits I had as a child adopted this approach for things like superman and batman boots, etc.

I’m pretty sure “blacking up” is frowned upon these days :wink:

1 Like

Scuba diver with flippers?

Angler with fishing waders???

Whatever it is, it sounds like it’s going to be niche!

Sadly not.
The shoe required has a very distinct design

Well if I can get the costume together by the 31st of Jan and submit the pics to Guinness then I can use their “on the day” verification.

So I’ll be starting to buy bits soon

Looks like I’ll be joining you all next year! Got my champs space this morning with a sub 75 HM :grin:

12 Likes

So here we are with the green light from Guinness

I will be attempting to break the record for the fastest marathon dressed as…a ninja

I’ve had my costume approved for, all things going well, on the day accreditation

The costume itself is pretty comfy, but I have to wear the traditional tabi footwear - think Fivefingers, but just with a big camel toe instead

Will be doing some short training runs on the treadmill in the shoes first, building to some Parkruns in the whole outfit.

9 Likes

SUPER!

Obviously, photographic evidence will be needed. Best of luck. :smiley:

6 Likes

Excellent. Was always going to be good with your cosplay background. That looks way better than most other fancy dress options you see. Which could ultimately hinder you??

What’s the current WR that you need to beat?

I was going to do zombie in 2018 but got injured then someone went 2:43 at London in 2019 which is beyond my limits. Then I applied to do as Deadpool, but it falls under “superhero” which is sub 2:clock1030:

Time to beat is 4:17, but lets just say the shoes are going to be the issue.
They ain’t no vaporflys

1 Like

Do they have to be the real deal, or can you modify some proper running shoes to have the exact same look? With your background, that kind of thing would be right up your street (if allowed)

Real deal I’m afraid

I think that’s why it’s 4:17

I wear VFF most days as my “normal” shoe (got some KSO Treks on as we speak) and I’m a mid/fore foot striker anyway, so just gotta add a good inner sole in the tabi’s and build up.

4 hours is 9 min/mile, so way above my normal LSD pace, so will just take it steady

Those tabi’s look like the old Nike Rifts

Good luck @funkster let us know your number on race day

Good luck @funkster, the foot wear does look challenging! The soles look reminiscent of espadrilles :joy:

Which start you going from?

I’ve got some wetsuit boots like that. Wouldn’t fancy running a mara in them though! :joy:

1 Like

I actually have no clue.

Should probably find that out