Vlm 2020

Will do

In the past it used to be green, but not sure if they’ve changed that with some of the shifts in starting pens that occurred last year.

Green was where they used to put all GWR attempts, and the celebs.

Last message from them was

“We are happy to approve your costume. Nothing further is required at this point but we will be in touch with more information in the coming months”

So what happens when you arrive, do you have to go to ‘scrutineering’?

Yes, I’ve seen them and the celebs in the green start a few times.

Along with the huge rhino :rhinoceros:

I guess so.

Check I’m still wearing what I submitted?

First test run in the outfit today.

https://strava.app.link/uVWS3TzCh4

Started too far back and got caught up with the slower runners.
Then had a couple of straps undo about 3 times during the run.

Other than a bit of rubbing on the top of my left toe the outfit/shoes were fine…but fooking hot.

Will go back in a few weeks for another test run

Record is 4:17, so 8-8:30 mile pace should be fine

4 Likes

Yeah, you’re not going to want one of those 25+ degree days in that!

If it is, it’ll be good training for IM Frankfurt…

1 Like

At least it’ll be colder in October…

Feeling quite smug in managing to swiftly rebook a hotel. My original hotel was a flex booking but in a duff location, now I’m where I want to be on a cheaper rate. Checked about an hour later and the price had already jumped by £50.

Now to sort trains :roll_eyes:

1 Like

My biggest fear now, is that by some miracle I KQ (if Germany goes ahead in June)

1 Like

So who’d have thought it? London marathon this weekend and no posts for 6 months.
Anyone running virtually?
I know one of the British runners in the elite field. He reckons he’ll get lapped as it’s 20 laps (I think) of St James park and will require a 2h08m time not to be… yikes.
Rumours of a new WR to boot…

2 Likes

At only 2.15k per lap, yes I can see how anyone around 7 mins slower than the winner will get lapped. That’s assuming someone goes 2.01 or quicker, which would be quite something given how disrupted training and racing has been this year.

Nope.
Not sure how many will

Have they changed the original stance that GFA and Champs spots for next year could be obtained from the virtual runs? If not, then unfortunately I can see a lot of people looking to cheat the system by getting a mate to run with their phone. Especially as general ballot runners have the risk of having their place deferred by up to 3 years (many will not like that, and want to run next year).

I’m hoping to watch. I think it’s going to be fascinating given the setup, the field, etc. It will be interesting to see whether EK and KB “race” it, or both support one another to try and obliterate the official WR, with the strongest over the final mile or two taking the ultimate glory.

2 Likes

The virtual thing just can’t be trusted. We’ve had a few virtual relays with my club and people go to great lengths to game their route to take advantage of downhills and wind direction.
I’d like to watch especially as i know someone running but i have a football match to ‘coach’ (loosest sense of the word :joy:) slap bang in the middle of race time.
Watch out for Adam Hickey from Southend Athletics club :+1::+1:

2 Likes

I believe I overheard some club runners saying this was the case, but Id check the offical site. Looks like the local park is going to be very busy this weekend…

Yeah i know a couple of people that are running this weekend to get their times. So I assume it’s on? But have not looked into it myself.