Watcha Readin'?

Oakey dokey.

3 Likes

Are you making firn of me?

3 Likes

How do you keep track of all these books you have read? Do you keep a log?

3 Likes

Looks like a good holiday read for down the beech.

5 Likes

Ah, I’ve been pining fir something like this.

5 Likes

Counting @Adam, @Doonhamer and @FatPom , tree fellers have now made puns about GBs book

4 Likes

Bough down to our superior punnage.

2 Likes

Rooting for you. Eventually I twigged what was going on.

2 Likes

Budding poets the lot of you

2 Likes

Yew may be correct, we could branch out, hope we can stick at it though, might be barking mad to try

1 Like

I’ve read all three in the series - sapiens, homo deus, 21 lessons. All worth reading but I didn’t think any of them were “wow” books. Two of the more recent “wow” books I’ve read are “today we die a little” about Emil Zatopek’s life, and “carrying the fire” about the space programme.

3 Likes

I’ve also read the hidden life of trees. Absolutely fascinating. Trees exist on different timescales and they exist together in unbelievable ways. Really enjoyed it.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll get around to reading htem at some point. The rate i’m reading at the moment, if it continues, means i’ll have plenty of opportuinity. I’ve actually just bought the next two to take me through Xmas. Unfortunately haven’t been able to source these (or the trees book) 2nd hand.

Continuing the theme of Trees, i’ve ordered:

Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake

and

OTHER MINDS: The Octopus and the Evolution of Intelligent Life by Peter Godfrey-Smith

All those puns are a little pedes-tree-an.
You lot need to branch out a bit, or, stop being so seden-tree and start training for those tree-athlons.

(Although I did enjoy the light re-leaf)

1 Like

don’t be such a sap.

Oak-kay :slight_smile:

Just finished reading this. It’s super interesting, but quite scientific in parts. If anyone would like to read, send me your address and I’ll happily post it on.

@fruit_thief - I think this would be up the street of your big brain in particular.

2 Likes

About 100 pages into Dave Grohl’s autobiography.

It’s ok, but i’m not 100% gripped by it. I’ll persevere as it was a gift from the wife.

I bought a second-hand copy of ‘Soldier Five’ on Ebay when @Jorgan recommended it on here.
But I didn’t start reading it until we went on holiday in September and haven’t finished it yet.
Still, at least I now know what ‘The Fan Dance’ is. :roll_eyes:

The other three books were Christmas presents.

Although when I picked up the Will Smith autobiography to ‘just have a look’, it got me hooked.
Three days later I’d finished it, which is good going for me (but was off work at the time).
If you like Will Smith, you will love this book, a searingly honest account of his highs & lows.

Cheers, Paul. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

This?