Weather: because we're mostly so British

Just back from Somt. Still windy AF but dry all the way at least.

Did you tell him that he can’t park there?

1 Like

Beautiful day here in Winchester, sunny and a 2cm sprinkling of icing sugar everywhere. :grinning:

1 Like

Big moment on the A52 last night…thankfully on an otherwise empty road and i had two lanes to correct the slide…at least 4 changes of direction…

9 Likes

Was that in an XV?

I did once have a ‘moment’ in my Legacy during my first Bavarian winter; dabbed the brakes too hard and did a very serene but unnerving 4-wheel drift. Luckily it was late and the road deserted; but it hadn’t been cleared by the council at that hour. Went straight out and bought winter tyres after that!

Evoque

so much for all its gadgetry…

always remember back in the late 70’s driving in some light snow in my company Vauxhall Cavalier. went over the brow of a hill, dabbed the brakes a bit, car did a complete 360 - didn’t hit a thing, just spun a full circle on the tarmac - and I carried on driving. freaked me out a bit I have to say as I had no control over what was happening

When I was just 18 and borrowing my Mum’s car, coming back from nights I thought I wonder if it’s true re snow, so, early AM (early 80s no traffic down our estate road) I just put the brakes on - I was spinning like a ballerina, so many 360s before I bounced off the curb a few times and came to a stand.
So, snow, it’s true then :rofl:

1 Like

I aquaplaned on the A3……on a motorbike. Scariest moment of my life.

2 Likes

It’s surprising the difference a few degrees can make when we’re talking single digits. So 7-9 degrees outside and my wife has had the heating on constant :+1:

Big snow storm about 6am this morning here, it’s a bit warmer in town but the roads were slow.

11 Likes

Gently snowing here in Aboyne. Glad I’m not one of the 3000 homes still without power for 5.5 days now.

View from my office/spare bedroom:

8 Likes

I bet you’re feeling all Christmassy Jeff :rofl:

Absolutely :flushed:

Great view, that Jeff!

1 Like

Can’t believe we had 15 minutes of rain today, not too upsetting as we were at breakfast, better not happen again or I’ll be off to the rant thread!

2 Likes

Weird weather today

8 Likes

Yep; top photo shows what it was like as I got my bike out ready for a lunchtime spin, bottom one about 5 minutes into said ride!

2 Likes

Has the rain washed all that crap away? :grin: :rofl: (is that moss or potting soil?)

I fear our block paving is going to need de-mossing soon.

Similar here - we’ve had 3 big thunderstorms with bright sunshine in between