Weymouth 70.3 2019

Still has 100 places left :scream:

Not surprised after the weather last year.

Might be wrong but I think the swim always seems to have a bit of chop to it too

Tickā€™s the boxes Poet :slight_smile: but a long way (for me!). Flat run for you.

Jeff

Will be over Ā£300 now for an entry Iā€™d imagine with the Active fee

I know :see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil:
I like the look of it.

I only signed up for Staffs70.3 emails, but Iā€™m getting all sorts of crap.

Haha, Iā€™ve been looking at Dun Laoghaire but for next year, as an option for trying to qualify for the 2021 70.3 worlds, I think it will roll quite a bit.

Depends when it is though as itā€™s a tricky time of the year to get off work and if itā€™s the bank holiday weekend again prices will be expensive for ferries etc.

Jeff

I did it the first IM year (when they co-ran a full distance) and the sea was fine that day. But it has had some shockers.

It definitely didnā€™t sell out early last year either. I was going to make a call a couple of weeks after Copenhagen, and the only reason I didnā€™t enter was I had a flare up in my foot. Was a bit of a blessing really with the weather, and much preferred Bahrain as an experience than doing Weymouth again (albeit it was obviously a lot more expensive overall!)

The day after last year it was completely calm, Pan flat. You couldnā€™t of made it up!

After all this nice weather it looks like the Weymouth wind and rain is back for the race this weekend!!! Sods law! Time to pack the rain jacket for the bike

Yeah, no easy race in Weymouth with the hilly swim & bike :wink: runā€™s generally flat though.

Iā€™ve been mulling-over the BustinSkin Half there end of June next year. The 70.3 might be a good shout, as itā€™s comfortably after the school holidays and much easier sell to the family vs Staffs! I can actually be really flexible with events next year, outside the summer hols.

Where are the 2021 WCs btw? North America I guess, which is still too far in my situation.

St George, Utah

Appeals to me, but not my wallet/family!

Do Staffs!!!

Pack a Gabba/Perfertto style jersey. Stick it over your tri suit in T1 if itā€™s looking grim.

So many people got caught out last year. Ended up a shivering mess on the side of the road

Cheersā€¦Yes, thatā€™s the plan also I figured easier to get on and off than arm warmers and gilet.
Did you do it last year?

Yes!!

I put arm warmers and mitts on (with calf guards :roll_eyes:) Iā€™ve never been so cold on a bike as I was then. An absolutely miserable ride. I was just shivering for about 2 hours of it.

We both did it at Outlaw.
They do chafe a little, but my fit is ā€œracingā€

Theyā€™re pretty damn good at doing a Ronseal.

Itā€™ll now be my ā€œgo-toā€ emergency weather item to packā€¦I think it was @Jorgan who mentioned it initially

1 Like

Yes definitely take it off for the run.

Iā€™m pretty sure Poet wore his over his tri suit at Outlaw. I wore mine under as it was still soaking wet. The zip chafes really badly!!

Was it a 900m swim?
The tracker says they delayed the start by 25 minutes and the lead male got out in 12 minutes oddā€¦weather is a bit of a change from yesterday