When is a Vet not a Vet - AGs

Stay healthy, stay fit, and enjoy your family while they are young. Train when you have time, and race for fun. Go camping in Spain for your summer holidays (loads of S, B, R potential and great for kids)

I was 43 when I did my first triathlon, my youngest was 11 and had just gone to secondary school. There’ll be plenty of time to become a top AG’er in a few years time, and you’ll still be young enough to put in some decent times. My kids are slightly bemused and slightly proud of their strange dad

I’m still young enough to enjoy going out on a Saturday evening with me son (now 21)… mind you I am a drinking lightweight and cant do both Friday and Saturday evenings out

5 Likes

and as they get older, they’ll start to join you… can’t beat crossing a finish line with your 24yr old daughter! (although being beaten is starting to become somewhat of a concern)

2 Likes

i had a spate of winning my Cat as a 45 year old to find that they were only awarding 40 - 49…at international races where recognition was important too…

My training partner is a 41 year old lady which keeps me (as a 56 year old) in trim…

The Fan Dance 23km run in Brecon beacons defines masters as 46+

Being 46, I think thats entirely reasonable :grinning:

Now on the lookout for some 47+ races for later in the year…

4 Likes

Did you win the ‘Vets’ cat then?

Yep it’s the “least decrepit old man of the day” trophy Jorgan

There’s hope for us yet- just need to do some detective work pre race :male_detective:

Well, I turn 46 in a couple of weeks; so look out.

1 Like