When is it okay to push off the wall?

I hate the pool, I hate swimming, I hate the blue rinsers who have all day to swim and always chose the times when people who work need to be there, lot of hate going on! :rofl:

Probably why I only do super sprint tris these days, 400m max in the pool will do just nicely!

1 Like

My pool - which isnā€™t great at the best of times unless it is pretty empty, has split into just 2 lanes to ā€˜give everyone more roomā€™. But they allow 10 people to book into each lane at a time.

So in reality you have lots of very different paced swimmers thrashing up and down trying to avoid each other in some twisted version of water dodgems. Disaster. ā€˜covid restrictionsā€™ would be more effective if they had done nothing.

1 Like

I am hoping once the post-lockdown novelty wears off the pool will quieten down a bit. Itā€™s like the gym in January being full of Christmas fatties.

Sorry! Itā€™s been fine really, I just get stroppy when training.

With wide lanes I donā€™t really have to care much, I can just get on with it.

ā€¦Apart from one lady who has, what I can only call a Defensive Flip Turn. Instead of angling towards the centre of the wide lane to make her turn, she stays on the line such that if you are close behind her sheā€™ll hit you as she pushes off. So I have to pause while she flips. And sheā€™s fast enough that I would have to nearly sprint to pass her mid length. Iā€™m working on my tactics for that one.

Needless to say, everyone else has figured out moving to the centre makes sense.

A right cross disguised as normal crawl?

1 Like

I got a second swim in this morning, it was marginally less shit than last week. The same very slow front crawler whoā€™s right hand enters the water with his fingertips pointing at the ceiling was there going 20s/100 slower than everyone else who were all well matched.

3 Likes

Iā€™m booked in for my first swim back on Friday. Apparently itā€™s packedā€¦

ā€¦ same as you @joex, I get terrible swim rage.

1 Like

Got a bit lucky this morning. Firstly I had booked on yesterday instead of today by mistake. But as I am a regular and brought them lovely chocolates and biscuits at Christmas they let me in and chalked off yesterdayā€™s ā€˜fineā€™ for not turning up. Then of the two fast lanes, one didnā€™t have slow breaststrokers in it. Had the best swim since being back, still rubbish but felt like progress.

Fast is relative there was one proper swimmer in the pool.

3 Likes

No rage for me today, partly because I tried out paddles for the first time and was generally feeling confused.

Also I be started to wonder what Iā€™m doing that pisses off the other swimmers. Thereā€™s bound to be a few things :laughing: if there isnā€™t, Iā€™m doing fins and kick board tomorrowā€¦nobody likes a kick boarderā€¦nobody.:sweat_smile:

1 Like