Worn chainring?

Would you say this chainring is knackered? Put a new chain and cassette on but getting the occasional chain slip when putting power through the pedals
Chainring

Yes

That tooth just above the S in particular

Edit. Quite a few of the teeth are very pointed

2 Likes

Yes, very!

1 Like

Thought as much, thanks guys.

Bit of googling done, can’t believe how pricey SRAM chainrings are! :scream:

The outer ring is pricey on most crank sets, almost worth buying a new crank.

1 Like

YES!

1 Like

New crank on it’s way!

Yeah it’s a shame that the big chain ring prices are so high. Can’t see how they justify it compared with a full chain set

2 Likes

I just got a like for like replacement crank for just over £100 delivered tomorrow, no point messing around with changing chainrings when I can get a complete new one for that price!

1 Like

Now ebay that set and let some other poor schmuck deal with it :wink:
I think someone off here bought a properly knackered crankset from eBay recently?

3 Likes

That is exactly my plan! Let someone else deal with it! :grinning:

1 Like

Worn chainring but then I got a full refund so worked itself out.

1 Like

My gravel bike chainring Ultegra R8000 11s 50-34 is not quite as jaws-like in the above photo but started slipping when under pressure so I need to change it (3 years old so done enough miles). Like for like chainring but out of stock hens teeth/rocking horse :poop:, propper tear to my eye for whole chainset at £250. Ebay versions coming straight from china so doubt they are the real thing. Found second hand (never used) for £150 for both rings, which is more than their original price. The only ‘shop’ that have them in stock is BikeInn and the price looks ok (£108 delivered for both rings) so just wondering if anyone has experience of this company as part of TradeInn which is based in Spain ? Or any other suggestions (I want to stick with Ultegra) ? Prob get chain and cassette and do a propper job as they have everything in stock, which wiggle, chain reaction, sigma etc don’t, just seems a bit too good to be true