3 Likes

Day 1:

75.4 kg
63% hydration
9 visceral fat
60.4 kg muscle mass 3.2/3.3/10.9/11/32
15.6% body fat 14.3/12.7/11.6/10.8/18.8

Day 1:

Turbo…Zwift required an update so cycled on the Tacx App, 10 mins @200 W is all i could manage…a pitiful 5.54 km…

A few arm exercises with a light bar…

Next stop the asthma nurse…

a no wine day…

4 Likes

Ah, think I see where this is going.

#SUBSCRIBE

:+1:

3 Likes

Day 2

Approx 10k on the TT bike coaching cycling skills at Darley Moor…a beautiful sunny evening but very blustery and quite cold in the wind…

Nice to put in a few accelerations on the tt bars with the breeze behind…but a wheezy slog against the wind and on the (very slight) incline…

A birthday in the household means a glass or two of wine tonight…

2 Likes

140 days to a 140.6?

:rofl:

3 Likes

This. Always.
There and Carsington Water have their own freaking ecosystem and unique weather :rage:

I can be bone dry, no wind and 20° in Ashbourne … as soon as you get up to either one, it’s wet, windy and bloody freezing :rage::joy:

1 Like

it’s astonishing…by Darley Moor standards, it was glorious yesterday evening…but if you stood still for more than 5 minutes, you quickly chilled…

1 Like

Day 3

Birthday ride with Mrs eJC

15km on the CX bike i the Peaks…lovely countryside…

Left calf still too tight to contemplate running…

One glass only of vin rouge…driving :frowning:

4 Likes

Day 4

My 6 month DSc review with Uni…so a full on day…

The plan was to dig the road bike out of the back of the garage and swap the pedals from the TT bike…before realising that the di2 needed charging…there followed a long search for the cable…

By the time it had charged, the light had gone…and so it becomes a rest day with a big slab of pizza to make me feel even more lazy…

3 Likes

This is the thing that makes me not want Di2, although 100% of people seem to rave about it.

Good old mechanical 105 never goes flat :thinking:

5 Likes

it is my negligence…they are really exceptionally good…

the bike has just been stuffed into the back of the garage since we moved in December and i should have charged it this morning…it hardly takes any time…

2 Likes

Day 5

25k on the road bike - gears charged, pedals swapped, brakes adjusted…

3 x 1 mile hill reps on the Hairy Hill Challenge climb…I really am so unfit…

Several schooners of wine to ease out the week’s stress…

6 Likes

This. :white_check_mark:

I’ve seen people stuck in the big ring in the middle of the Peaks and having to call home for a lift.
(These people don’t know the days of 53/39 23-11 gearing, though)

If you can’t fix it roadside, it’s a no from me :no_entry_sign:

4 Likes

wouldn’t it all be downhill from there?

3 Likes

‘Kin ‘ell no :sob::sob::sob:
I remember when I started cycling again and planned a nice 100 miler out to Bakewell and home, it took me 4 hours to do 50 miles to Bakewell, when I realised no matter which way I took back involved “hills” (I just headed back via the A6, which was grim - Taddington hill is awful, then it’s Pike Hill, then Long Hill reverse…Although the descent is good!)

4 Likes

Your’re wrong, Science fact mate, maybe a diagram?

11 Likes