Immortal Stourhead 17 May 20
Cotswold 113 7 Jun 20
Titan Brecon 14 Jun 20 ??
Weymouth Middle Dist 28 Jun 20
Immortal Exmoor 5 Jul 20
Immortal Farmoor 19 Jul 20
Cotswold Classic 2 Aug 20 £164
IM70.3 Weymouth 21 Sep 20?

D’oh, forgot the Classic! That used to be a bit later in August iirc.

I think they moved it forward to make to more suitable as a warm-up for people doing Barcelona or Wales. 5-6 weeks out seems to be what most training plans suggest.

That sounds very similar, you did go up a fairly steep hill early on the bike, run was 2 laps and the RSPB sanctuary sounds familiar. Transition was on tennis courts as well, but the finish was at a school or college a short walk away where the car parking was.

Jeff

Yep, sounds very similar finish wise too; run was 4 shorter laps though I think, mainly going through the Reserve, which was pleasant. Probably same event people under a new name.

Yorkshireman, A Day in the Lakes, and Lakesman all on 21st June 2020 :eyes:

Great list. Another one for Scotland…

Aberfeldy Middle Distance 16-Aug £111

Are you Scottish?

Englishman in Edinburgh… username not my real name :grinning:

Westcountry & SW & S Wales:

Immortal Stourhead 17 May 20
Swashbuckler New Forest 31 May
Cotswold 113 7 Jun 20
Titan Brecon 14 Jun 20 ??
Weymouth Middle Dist 28 Jun 20
Immortal Exmoor 5 Jul 20
Immortal Farmoor 19 Jul 20
Cotswold Classic 2 Aug 20 £164
IM70.3 Weymouth 21 Sep 20?

Plus there’s Marlow Half on 24th May but that’s hardly SW!

That’s for the Home Counties list!

It’s not my home. We’d have to list the Aussie ones for that. :laughing:

Sospan Sizzler in Wales. 2020 date not yet confirmed, but 2019 was July 21st.

I’ve seen some stuff on social media about a new half and full in Eastbourne next July.

Discounted entry for the over 60s?

2 Likes

Haha! I’m already racing long that month, so it’s not a consideration, but with the gf’s family between Brighton and Eastbourne, it could be an “easier” one for the future. It’s by the same group that run the existing short course Eastbourne tri, so should mean they know what they’re doing (not that I’ve ever done it).

Werthers at the aid stations and Pointless on the big screens in transition.

1 Like

I was born and raised in Eastbourne. Dont live there anymore but my parents do.

Be interested to see what the course is going to be. They claim its the fastest in UK (possibly), so assume its going miss the southdowns area as that is very hilly, can’t think where the bike course would go that isn’t crap. The standard of driving there is complete crap as well.

Guess the swim will be in the sea. That can be a tricky swim. Murky, rough and some tricky currents. I did a swim event their a few years ago, I wasn’t feeling great and ended up DNF because it was so tough. Went from a mill pond to massive swell in minutes and a current was so strong people were struggling against it. First and only swim that I’ve actually felt scared.

Might consider the half

Sounds like an event for ‘Riptide’ Jennings.

1 Like

Actually, don’t know if it’s still going, but there may still be a Welsh middle going out of the Fishguard area. I seem to recall that it was the Welsh middle Champs a couple of years ago.