Cotswold 113 7 Jun 20
Titan Brecon 14 Jun 20 ??
Weymouth Middle Dist 28 Jun 20
Immortal Exmoor 5 Jul 20
Immortal Farmoor 19 Jul 20
Cotswold Classic 2 Aug 20 £164
IM70.3 Weymouth 21 Sep 20?
Avenger Triathlon 27 Sep 20?

Added Avenger Tri (Ragley Hall, Alcester, kinda SW), whole series of running/swimming/tri events over the weekend including a middle distance tri. Not much info on the website and all events postponed from June which doesn’t inspire confidence.

Day in the Lakes confirm 21st June 2020
Helvellyn 6th September 2020

Jeff

Hot off the press, the Dalesman (quarter, half & full). run by TriHard and from Ripon racecourse so I’m guessing the swim will be about 3 laps for the full. Bike has about 800M of ascent for the half (full=2 laps), although the run looks quite messy but will be virtually flat.

Sunday 23rd Aug 2020.

Nothing about cost yet but they are usually fairly cheap events.

Slightly shameless plug as I know the organiser!

It will be interesting to see how entries compare to the Yorkshireman, assuming they run the full, both events are about 3 miles from each other and only about 6 weeks apart.

Jeff

2 Likes

Wow that’s 2 new uk full distance races announced recently.

I thought triathlon popularity was waning.

Any feedback on Grafman half? Entries just opened.
:+1:

I’ve done it twice, well organised but the big field meant a fair bit of drafting\traffic in the first few miles of the bike, there were packs after that but I’d say they were drafting on purpose rather than in the first 5-10 miles when the race was settling down and there’s nowhere else to go.

Water was clean, run has a few bits on track and through a wood if it’s the same, and a bit against the reservoir wall. Seem to recall it was a group start, possibly age group rather than swim ability.

Bike was mostly alright, a couple of tight turns in a small village but as it’s quite early the roads were fairly quiet.

Jeff

1 Like

Yeah thanks for that. This year is a rolling start on estimated swim time.
Sounds good thanks. Either this or Yorkshireman I guess.

I was meant to the Phoenix Sprint there a couple of weeks ago and the swim was cancelled due to algae so I didn’t bother. They’ve had quite a few issues over the last couple of years which is a shame as it’s a beautiful venue but I’m not convinced the owners of the hall are that keen on OW swimming/Tri when they can make ££££££s on weekend festivals or horsey/shooting events.

Was struggling to decide between Yorkshireman or a TriTalk rumble at Staffs, but a waiting list place came available at Lakesman so that’s me decided.
Seems to be a lack of big 1/2s in July/August in the North/Midlands despite lots in June, but maybe Snowman looking like leading option at the moment.

So you in for Staffs/Lakesman?

I like the look of Lakesman, but the massively short course puts me off

I’m in for Lakesman, girlfriend is tempted to do Staffs as her first 1/2.
Supporting her will be my priority if they clash dates.
I didn’t know Lakesman was short, their ridewithgps shows 55.9 miles but if it is short then so be it I don’t mind.

1 Like

I think the full is short …!?
Costal erosion or some natural duck up…

Tom Rigby won the half in 4:25 … ish

So it’s not a fast course, he’s a shifter.

I know the full winner was someone another level good and an hour clear, but explains how he was so quick if was short, think he went something like 8:20?

1 Like

Sam Laidlowe…?!

2:40 marathon …?! 20 years old
Only did it because his dad couldn’t ?! Lives in France!? One to watch defiantly !

Yes the full is flat the half must be hilly ish to be won in that time by a decent athlete like that.

I think Tri Preston has 30 odd in the half they will be everywhere

I meant the full.

Bike was (forgivably) a couple of miles short, due to circumstances on the day.

The run was excruciatingly short. Like 3-4km.

Sam is doing Barcelona, aiming for sub 8…will be interesting to see how he goes. He mentioned in a podcast interview that he did a marathon distance run on the Tuesday before lakesman…got a bollocking off his dad (and coach) when he got back :joy:

2 Likes

26 five days out…?!?
Is he related to Lionel …!?

At least there won’t be many drafting him…
I know a couple of CrossFitters doing it, but I think one will be a no show…!

Sub 8… crazy fast

1 Like

It was a mountain marathon, too. IIRC.
He’s a talent, that’s for sure

1/2 X in Lakes has a change of date for next year, is now the same date as the Extreme, 4/7/20 cost £75 to 23/9, £95 to 7/10, £150 to 1/1/20 then £190.

By the way, due to the ankle twisting manoevre on Helvellyn Lower Man the other week, will now be helping and not competing at 1/2 X so say hello if you’re about.

Does Wensleydale (sort of 1/2) still run? I know it was renamed a few years ago, but think it may have reverted to its original name (if not route)?