2021 Open Water Swim season lift off

Eh?? 5th and 6th June, plenty of time :+1:t3:

Maybe people shouldn’t sign up for a triathlon without being able to swim first :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

You ll be getting kicked off the “ bigger “ triathlon site.

Legend status only comes from non swimmer to Ironman in 12 months.

That’s actually semi true.

2 Likes

Right. So I jumped in the sea today. Jesus christ, it was freezing. The internet tells me it was 10 degrees

Quite comical really, waded in, got a massive brain/face freeze and never really made it past the waves that continually broke on me.

No actual real swimming took place but it was nice to be in the water for 10 or so minutes!

Glorious day day down on the North Cornish coast though

Little boy was pretty brave today. Kept going in to splash his feet

7 Likes

I was actually having a conversation with some mates last night about how the pool booking system is working and how we need to get down to my beach for some ow swimming. :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

1 Like

ha!

“fuck me that’s cold”

3 Likes

First OW booked in for tomorrow… almost training like a proper triafleet now!

3 Likes

which one are you doing again? Lakesman was it?

Yup… 8 weeks on Sunday! REALLY dont get on with the cold… so will be going full pansy mode and deploying gloves. Also need to swim whilst its cold to justify dry robe cost (albeit a cheaper DHB one).
I think Id take 1km in the lake right now!

1 Like

Ok… is there a formula or anything for working out how long the wetsuit needs to soak?
Number of years old * number of years last worn = x hours kinda thing?? :flushed:

1 Like

I just chucked mine on this week. It had been sat in the shed for a year.

1 Like

I just chucked mine on last summer, it had been chucked in the corner of a room for 11ish years.

1 Like

you are forgetting “+ number of kg gained since last worn…”

1 Like

Oh 11 years… christ its not that bad :rofl:
Its caked in mud… and I have no idea where from!!

2 Likes

I had mine the Bath overnight.

Where are you swimming?
Not Colwick :face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

It’s was “roasting” for me last night

There’s no ego here either, I feel the cold as well and nearly always wear the full clobber, neoprene hat, gloves suit and booties.

I hold the white hankerchief up, we might all be different, but I sure lost the race to be the least dressed outdoor swimmer, no bragadocio in wanting to wear merely budgie smugglers here :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

A couple of weeks ago I went for a swim in the Dee, put on full clobber in the carpark in front of everyone, strode down to the river, put my hand in :scream: & walked back to my car avoiding eye contact with absolutely everyone :joy: :rofl: :joy:

5 Likes

Nah spring lakes. New place in Long Eaton.
If the swimming is crap, there’s always the aquapark…

6 Likes

I’ve been wearing a rash vest under my wettie this week in the sea.

It’s bloody cold and I’ve had enough after 30 odd minutes

Got sunburnt after though

4 Likes

You’re setting the bar high for idyllic swim locations @Adam :white_check_mark:

3 Likes

Not warm enough for me yet - Loch Lomond is prob only about 7 - 9 degrees at mo. I think late May I begin thinking about having a look :nerd_face:

2 Likes