2021 - The Weigh In Thread

As this hasn’t yet been started I am going to chip in with a 74.6kg this morning - heaviest in 12 months. Target 69kg for UTMB at the end of August.

Kicking off with dry January should help.

5 Likes

Weighed in this morning at a near max 84.8kg :grimacing: Not great for 172cm, but hasn’t held back my running :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

102kg this morning after getting down to 92 during the first lockdown then drifting upwards ever since.
I’ve done dry January for best part of 30 years and often extend it which I think I’ll do this time too.
90kg is the target.

4 Likes

Highest my withings trend line has ever been. Not quite the highest single readings I’ve ever had, but this latest lockdown alongside Christmas excess has not gone down well with my waistline. A lot of work to do. Currently about 5kg (+7%) over my normal target “race weight”.

5 Likes

That looks pretty much identical to my weight profile! Been Creeping towards 74 all December, though my low only went down to 71

1 Like

74.7kgs. Been steadily creeping back up, over December. Aiming to dip back under 73kgs by February.

1 Like

Was low 80/high 70kg pre lockdown 1 (life/work/family/ back injury all excuses I’d been telling myself) 1.71m and ex rugby player so never been a light build.

Mixture of paying attention to diet and exercise (mainly turbo and zwift) saw me reach 66kg pre Xmas week.

68.1 on the scales today.

Aim to hold around there and maybe slowly get to 65kg for alpes cycling trip this summer if the world allows. No races planned.

10 Likes

Trend line painting a familiar picture. Xmas excess piles on so rapidly… Beer n biscuits are to blame! Challenge will be to reverse this picture before that extra layer becomes too comfortable.

Have done my best to empty the fridge / cupboards of temptation today. Feeling sluggish at 95kg, happy operating at 90kg… Hoping to hit fighting weight 88kg by late spring / early summer. SDW100 in June

6 Likes

127 mutha-fucking Kgs.

Came as a bit of a shock. If I’m honest.

However, 33 weeks until IM Copenhagen.

Game on!

10 Likes

I gave up weighing myself, so I honestly don’t know other than I’m heavy, I probably should.

3 Likes

1.1.21 - 87.75Kg
Serious work to be done!

3 Likes

They will come off big unit !!

Your posts always make me laugh

3 Likes

That’s a big loss proportionately.I’m a similar weight to you now but 180cm tall and I would caution how much more you could lose without giving up power on the bike. For Roth a few years ago I dropped below 65KG thinking it would be great for the run but lost the bike power. I realised my mistake and relaxed my approach to weight so sitting at 67/68KG now and putting out 18% more power than I did when I lost the weight.

4 Likes

Been to scared to look these holidays. have to be nudging 90kg

3 Likes

Fortunately the battery has died on our scales, would guess I’m 3-4kg over where I was a fortnight or so ago so in a much better place than a year ago.

4 Likes

88.2 today, so for me, Thats not bad.

177 cm, but a lot of upper body mass, as my other sport is CrossFit.

I would be super happy to get to 80 and maintain there, I will never be a whippet.

4 Likes

Never be afraid of the scales… boxing talk.

Mine obviously broke yesterday morning, there working again today!?

Heavy but all over the weight loss now.

5 Likes

Thanks. Yes definitely felt on some higher intensity days that I wasn’t well enough fuelled and have made some changes to address that.

Tried to make some long term sustainable changes that allow me to still enjoy life and not obsess over every calorie.

1 Like

2020 weight started at 88kg, hit 99kg, dropped to 89kg then back to finish/start the year on 97.5kg yesterday.

Set myself a target of getting <90kg by April 1st then to <84kg by IM Wales

5 Likes

70.7 kg. Did the honesty thing and bumped Zwift weight up accordingly, hoping the suffering induced will be motivation to get back to mid 69 target zone…

3 Likes