2022 Goals

Haha

Me too, just saw that on mine is a 5m19 mile - and remembered that it was that ridiculous 1 mile challenge on here back during lockdown when we were all thinking of new and unpleasant ways to get our daily exercise :face_vomiting:

6 Likes

Also, if you click on someone else you follow on a laptop/PC you can directly compare your stats.

3 Likes

Yeah - mine is 4:55 for that above run commute (which is actually faster than my PB), but you can’t trust Strava’s Random Number Generator for PBs.

It got Alderley Edge 10km as 9.82km (two U-turns)
Wilmslow Half Marathon At 21.01km
Outlaw Marathon at 42.07km

All of which are officially measured courses.
So I generally don’t trust GPS + Strava algorithm

1 Like

Found mine yesterday, a fun 5.34

2 Likes

Taaa.

@fruit_thief my mile time is also 5:19 - other than you being cat A; we are so similar :rofl:

3 Likes

He won’t be Cat A once he starts using his pedals instead of the Saris on Zwift :joy:

5 Likes

This is true, but the weird thing is that @mw22 has managed to remain in the dream cat (B) despite having the exact same kit, and being a better cyclist.

Oh wait, I know how :hourglass::smiley::wink:

3 Likes

A low but (mostly) consistent year for me I think. No epic runs or rides or anything remotely close.

Run

Ride - includes fantasy zwift mileage and the odd bit of commuting I used to do. I’ve been using time rather than distance to measure the last couple of years.

Swim - about as good as I can expect. Need to get wet this week though.

Roughly 137 hours and I think we’re in week 22, so 6.2 hours per week for me.

4 Likes

These weekly number averages are interesting.

2020 - 7hrs my first year of properly getting into things
2021 - 7.5 hrs
2022 - 8.5 hrs…

3 Likes

Highlighted oddities both on TT… rest are pretty accurate…6w discrepancy over 20 mins at most.

Back on topic:
28 runs 16:30/180km
244 rides (skewed by zwift warm ups) 142 hours/4600km (skewed by zwift)
18 swims 9 hours/25km

7 hours 15 per week

3 Likes

Doh, maths fail for me, I divided by 26. So my weekly average is actually 6 hours 20

3 Likes

Im averaging about 10 hours a week on the year to date. I’m down on bike mileage but will have caught back up to where I want to be in around 4/5 weeks.

39 swims for 62,381 metres taking 17 hr 40 m

115 rides for 4,037 kms taking 133 hr 59 m

82 runs for 682 kms taking 57 hr 28 mins

ETA - I’ve definitely had some elevation gain on a few of the sea swims I’ve done too :wink:

8 Likes

Do you have annual volume targets, then?

I never do.

I mean, for an IM year, I’d target an average of 10 hours per week in the 52 weeks into it, but that’s including four weeks of nada.

Standard structure for IM is;

Rec: 8hrs
L1: 10hrs
L2: 12hrs
L3: 15hrs

That’ll be for the last six weeks.
Before that, I’ll move up from a 5hr Rec week / 10hr L3 week into it.
Have a few larger weeks, too.

I reckon with Zwift, that distance targets are utter balderdash now :man_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

No, not really, I mean I’ve got some goals setup on the Strava app but they’re worthless and I don’t pay any attention to them.

Over the last five or so years I’ve tried to remain as consistent as possible. When I first got into this game I was definitely winging it as a cyclist, doing 15, 16 hour weeks on the bike with token runs and swims thrown in. Now I do around seven hours a week on the bike but with 2/3 swims a week with 3/4 runs.

I’d say I’m a more rounded triathlete now but still bike heavy. Ironically, I’m a stronger cyclist off of less riding time but those years of pounding the bike have given me a solid foundation and it doesn’t take me long to get up to speed from any time off.

This year life has got in the way but seeing 10 hours averaged so far is quite pleasing. I wouldn’t have thought it was that high without checking.

With this 10 week build for Bolton I’ve averaged 11 hours a week so far with 3 weeks to go and a tapir - the next couple will be big so will hopefully push that number up slightly

And yeah, Zwift has killed distance goals making time based goals much more sensible!

2 Likes

Especially for @Poet I’ve gone all modern…
Run
Bike
Swim

14 Likes

Those are decent numbers so far!

Neither Time nor Distance is a sensible goal, training benefit for aerobic athletes is mostly correlated with kilojoules, so that should be your target surely?

I don’t even have anywhere to check my totals for the year.

Can you spot my focus this year?

Swim:

Distance 2,616 m
Time 1h 17m
Swims 2

Bike:

Distance 369.1 km
Time 17h 6m
Elev Gain 0 m
Rides 30

Run:

Distance 2,117.6 km
Time 272h 44m
Elev Gain 34,179 m
Runs 169
16 Likes

For many on here - the answer would be swimming with those stats :laughing:

11 Likes

Run

• D: 870 km
  • T: 80 h
  • EG: 16,500 m

Bike

• D: 2250 km
  • T: 87 h
  • EG: 19,500 m

Swim

• D: 43 km
  • T: 13 h

All 3 under my random targets due to illness and injury!

4 Likes