2022 Goals

seen on a van on the M40 for a building company called Patel & Sons

“You’ve tried the Cowboys, now try the Indians”

10 Likes

Prince Phillip did try them once, but wasn’t impressed

2 Likes

It’s an old building, so the fixed roof doesn’t look new or anything. But they have replaced about 100 broken tiles, installed plastic trays at the eaves, flashed one wall with a line of mortar, mended a big hole in the under layer (probably the source of the leak) and done some other stuff I don’t really understand.

Fingers crossed we now have a watertight house :crossed_fingers:

It’s hard to describe how slow it was to get to this point :smiley: I think it was 2017 we first got a roofer to have a look

Gotta have goals :soccer::+1:

(Sadly some of the actual Tri goals are going to take a bit more effort on my part)

16 Likes

Is this still on?

1 Like

Ths solstice? Yeah pretty sure it happens every year.

10 Likes

You obviously like them apples, go get em son!

3 Likes

Sacked off the pool sprint (Southport) ain’t gonna win Matlock :sob:
Not anywhere near that run form, for the HM or 5km
Cotswold - even if I entered, not gonna do that.
Which leaves my Summer Solstice ride, @fruit_thief

Flat out to Llandudno, back via the Horseshoe Pass,
Through Chirk, onto my mates in Overton, Malpas, then my pick up my standard 100 mile route home :+1:t3:

Initial climb is coming out from Llanwrst to avoid the A5 up to Nebo and around the back (it’s 7.4km at 4.5%, just looks massive due to how flat the ride is!)
Horseshoe Pass is 10km at 6%, which is the same as The Cat and Fiddle/Skye Road/Holme Moss (ish) all of which I enjoy as climbs.

Aiming to stop at;

80km Greggs in Flint 0830
158km CoOp in Llanwrst 1130
250km Mates in Overton

Hopefully I don’t cramp up and need to single leg pedal home on this one!!!

10 Likes

but the highest point on the elevation chart is only 400m, so it’s really way easier…

1 Like

It’s a good honest ride which takes in a lot of my stomping ground, but the HSP climb is a little over 6km at 5% for a climb of 300mtrs.

EDIT

My mistake, you’re going up the HSP from the other - easy - direction.

From your route it’s 3 seperate climbs, Nant Y Garth 4.15km at 3% for 125mtrs, Cider Farm 1km at 4.4% for 46mtrs & HSP 3.12km at 4.5% for 146mtrs.

Glad to see you’re not on the A5 too much that’s a horrific road to cycle.

3 Likes

I’ve tried to avoid all of the “honesty” to be fair :rofl::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We go to Llandudno, Conwy then Betws-y-Coed as a day out, so I know the A5 Road well. Yes, it’s pretty bad!
I especially wanted to avoid the “hill” coming up from the Betws junction, the bit past Ffos Anoddun.

Might do the route, might not.
Depends how I feel on the day.
There’s not many stations where I can escape home from :joy:

3 Likes

Half time for 2022 coming up, Ive moaned in plenty of threads so no surprise that I’ve made no progress and here’s why:

I averaged 8.5hrs in 2020, 10.5hrs in 2021, to date in 2022? 6h.

Four key events kept me off balance, personal life event in week 8, Doctors recommendation in week 13, major job change week 19 and finally covid in week 22/23.

So I’m trying not to get down about it, but this time last year was an excellent peak week 16h+ ah, the memories! Actually I don’t remember it at all it’s just a line in a spreadsheet! :grinning:

9 Likes

For context

Average Brit does 71 minutes of exercise per week, 25% do less than 30 minutes.

Someone plucked a number from the air and recommended 150 minutes per week as a target for good health. Most people get nowhere near that.

Your post made me check my Strava though, and so far this year:

85 runs taking 56h / 636km (11.5kmh av)
97 rides taking 72h / 2592km (mostly fantasy km at fantasy Zwift speed)
14 swims taking 13h / 34km

Works out at 5 hours 21 minutes per week

12 Likes

89 runs taking 69h / 770km / 13,500m el gain
206 rides taking 125h / 3,200km / 32,00m el gain
39 swims taking 26h / 88km / 0m el gain

Works out at 9 hours 46 minutes a week. Not structured training, mostly for my heid.

8 Likes

Urgh. Depressingly, I’ve swam the same I’ve as ran this year. Neither of which have been good.

Average of 6hrs 5mins for me, but excludes walking.

7 Likes

:+1::smiley:

Don’t you do some of your swims in a river though? I wonder how many youd need to do upstream to get 1m…

Also, 206 rides - wow- more than 1 per day :exploding_head:- commuting??

1 Like

Did you add these all up and work out averages…or am I missing a screen somewhere??

Profile → Statistics

What poet said

1 Like

Although now @fruit_thief has got me on a “Best Efforts” nostalgia trip and made me realised just how shit I’ve become :sob::sob::sob:

10km run to work, with a backpack :sob::sob:
9 years ago. At 0636. In January :cold_face:

7 Likes

I put my commutes as “Private” so as not to spam everyone with the paltry distance.

Only river swam once this year so far for a total of 350mtrs upstream.

1 Like