2022 Goals

A Zwift TTT tonight would be an excellent starting place for that :grin:

2 Likes

I think so, yes. But trying to really temper it with ranges rather than absolute goals.

I liked it better when i was just helping my mate hit his sub 3. :rofl:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl:

I’m starting to think my marathon with 15hrs notice is the best strategy. No time to think, fuck all strategy, turned up, shoved 4 gels in my race belt and just ran. :laughing:

6 Likes

I’ve entered my first event for next year, a 200km audax. Thinking that I might have a go at the Audax UK Super Randonneur award, where you have to ride at least a 200km event every month for 12 months. There’s a few long distance events I could throw into the pot as well.

13 Likes

Nice!!

Nice!

Do you need a beard as well as the monthly 200km rides? :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Sure you’d want to ride 200km in the winter?

Start in the dark and cold.
Finish in the dark and cold.

Pretty sure cycling is meant to be enjoyable :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

FWIW: I’d be riding 200km in a fortnights time (21st Dec) if I was allowed, but I’m limited to 4 hours :sob:

1 Like

I’ve always been a facial baldy. Did Movember about 5 years’ ago. 15 days in and a colleague asked, ‘Are you doing Movember?’ :man_facepalming:t2:

@Poet yeah, with you on that. TBF, a 200k ride is doable in winter, as long as it’s not stupidly cold and/or stupidly wet.

3 Likes

I had a Google Photos ‘this time 3 year’s ago’ thing pop up the other day. Reminded me why i had never done Movember before, and why i never will again. Looked like a 13 yr old boy, straight out of Juvie!!! It was beyond pathetic!!!

3 Likes

Hmmm, here goes.

Actually race for GB AG aim Spain.
Get to c. 12.5 stone (lost a stone).
Run a 1:25 HM in Edinburgh.
Run a sub 40:00 10k.

13 Likes

and a pair of Shimano sandals……

3 Likes

Mine are fairly basic, but if I put them down in writing in public there’s more chance me committing to them.

Running:

1. Get a sub-22min 5k (current PB 22:58 down from 24:32)

2. Do a half-marathon before Easter

3. Do a marathon before Christmas

Swimming:

1. Get average 1500m pace down to 2m10/100m (current 2m15/100 down from 2m26/100)

2. Swim 3.8k in one session (with a couple of small rests if needed, but dependant on the pools allowing more than the one hour slots with max 45min swimming time)

3. Get a wetsuit and do some OW swimming

Cycling:

1. Cycle from Glasgow to Edinburgh and back

2. One 70k+ ride a month

3. Get confident at fixing a flat instead of panicking and either making things worse (snapping valves, immediately bursting the new tube trying the tyre back on and so on), or trundling it back and getting the local bike shop or my father in law to do it. I’m absolutely garbage at anything like that!

Triathlon:

1. Do first sprint in August (the small Inverclyde one that uses the lovely outdoor pool in Gourock, I’d like to do one earlier in the summer but for starters would lik one where the logistics are super easy)

2. Enter a sprint with an OW swim for start of 2023 season

3. Enter an OLY or feeling bold a half distance for end of 2023 season, keeping on track for doing an Ironman in 24 or 25 before I turn 40.

And mainly, to keep enjoying it and stay healthy. So listen to my body more. I lost a couple of months this year as my shins were so bad I could barely walk without pain which cost me getting a sprint under my belt in August - so probably despite the goals above really reducing my running.

18 Likes

Good luck :+1:

1 Like

The most important bit of all!

Some good goals there.

4 Likes

Project 9 hours

Entered Roth
5 months gardening leave to sort out my swim

Post Christmas, proper training, proper diet, not chocolate, no alcohol

I will train like a pro and see how far I get

26 Likes

Oh yeah, looking forward to following and seeing your progress

1 Like

One goal: train consistently

3 Likes

:cry:
Sabbatical or job loss?

I had that from October 2019 until Covid hit.
It was my cycling which came on leaps and bounds, two/three long rides mid week was a revelation.
Felt great until March 2020 :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Job loss, this is the 3rd time in 3 years that I have reengineered myself out of a job, the difference is that this time I don’t have another internal role to move into. I have not enjoyed the last 12 months, and the constant cycle of knowing that I only have a job for 12 months is getting very tiring.

I plan to take my 5 months Gardenning leave and look for a new job externally

11 Likes