2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Staffordshire

Also noticed previous swim teams seemed bit slow, so guessed might be long.

Training well at the moment, although mentally taking a toll having been consistent for quite a while. 11 hours is around my limit for time so is nice this year sticking to 70.3.

just looked at garmin for staffs bike leg
79kg
252 Av power and 252 NP
FTP setting 313
relaxed aero position ( need to fix this)
Giro aerohead
Cervelo p3
808 front, super 9 disc rear
GP 4000 tubular
time 2:35:21

i’ve also signed up for this year

3 Likes

You will beat LCB with that time!!!
That is motoring…

Its a lot of talk for someone who’s never averaged over 31kph on a bike. I’m assuming what I might be able to do based on other people’s power, but unless I can actually ride that/get a TT bike and decent position then it’s just talk :joy:

Quite right that you should be putting the pressure on him to perform, even now. Look what it did for Stenard in Malaga.

Hoping for similar power, slightly lower weight, but need to learn to ride at that speed and find some equipment to match!

1 Like

Are you watching eBay and the time trialing forum classifieds?

I picked up my Exocet II 10sp Ultegra/DA mix, with some 82/101 tubular wheels for ~£675

A guy at my cycling club just got a nice Campy Exocet II with deep Bora’s for <£700, too.

Just gotta be patient…

…this is near you (I really like the Felt DA)

1 Like

Yes, if you’re prepared to ride Tubular race wheels, you can get a LOT for your money.

1 Like

There’s one of yours, albeit with a snapped rear mech hanger, for under a ton.
I probably would it risk riding it, but probably worth it for splitting parts (SRAM Red R2C’s for one)

Argon E118s, too.
They look ace, especially with a stealth respray

The person asking £1495 for the Alloy Trek SC is dreaming. But yes, a Gen 1 seven series frame with some trick parts like a TriRig omega is still a fast bike.

Should be, but I know zero about bikes so hope to get someone else to double check whats decent value before I spend 1k on a Boris bike/something that sounds good and turns out to be crashed/rusting :joy:
Also only able to have one bike at home, maybe 2 for a short period of time, so would rather keep a roadie for commuting at the moment.

1 Like

I thought it was quite a fast course, I know the run course changed but has the bike?

Haven’t got close to my 2016 performance there since, and that was on my aero bar roadie.

Swim was fastest too. Flat, clear reservoir water.

I’m assuming that the absence of food stops is because they haven’t decided where they’ll be. I want my rolling buffet :joy:

As for the spectator hot-spot… :roll_eyes:

The email reads like a non-English speaker has put it through Google Translate:

“…full event consists of a 1.2-mile swim at Chasewater Country Park, followed by a stunningly and fast 56-mile bike through the Staffordshire countryside…”

Fast??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Is this a similar route to previous editions?

Yes

1 Like

even javier gomez commented once that staffs ‘is not fast’

Soft Spaniard innit

3 Likes

1 Like

13 weeks / 3 months to go now!

The real training started this morning, with 3 * 800s in the pool (plus 8 * 100m drills warm up and a cool down), then a two hour OUTDOOR ride on the TT bike (well, it was 60km, done far too quickly at 1hr 50mins)

1 Like