2022 races

We knew you before you were famous. :wink:

1 Like

Do you know a good physio?

My hip flexors make a lot of noise to…

1 Like

If you have no Joy, I’ll send you my brother’s contact details in Winchester, he could probably help out. If you can’t send a PM here, I am on facebook, send me a message via messenger and I’ll send my email

Massive congratulations Jeff. Sorry for such a late response, I was so wrapped up my own event. I know how you feel on the swim… pretty much where I was last year, but great bike leg, solid run and World Champ spot.

6 Likes

Ha, I’m not Skipper!

Been recommended one, and I got on well with him.
Confirmed my thoughts on diagnosis, agreed with my stage 1 rehab so far and I was pain free (but not running) by time I went to see him, so he’s definitely helped increase the loading.

Backhanded compliment about strong hip flexors doing 5kg isometric holds, so lots of Glute work now.
Referenced Jill Cook etc, rather than the predominance for dry-needling/cupping/massage which seems mor prevalent here.

1 Like

4 years after my last race, 10kg heavier, a hell of lot slower and a lot less fit, I’ve entered a race.

Decided I needed a goal to get my arse in gear and give me some focus rather going through the motions.

I’ve entered a local 10k trail race called Run the Blades, it’s based around Whitelees Windfarm.

I’ve always wanted to do this race but for some reason haven’t. It will also be my first ever trail race.

i now have to ramp up the training, its 14 weeks today.

I’m actually excited, just entering has given me a boost.

22 Likes

Sometimes we just need that :carrot: to get us up & at 'em. All the best, stay injury free :crossed_fingers: & keep us updated.

2 Likes

It looks from Strava like @Chriswim has been racing again!

Some fast times by the looks of it.

7 Likes

@Matthew_Spooner just ran a 2:54:55 marathon, too!!!

Think @Chriswim was doing the extremely hilly Western State Champs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

8th in AG & 2nd Brit (50-54) at Middle Distance Du champs in Alsdorf today.

Held the second run together better than in previous attempts.

Delighted with that - which is why I’m telling everyone that will listen :joy:

25 Likes

Well done everyone, some great early season racing today. Maybe late season for Chris!

1 Like

Did the Brighton 10K this morning, conditions were pretty much perfect. Course had a couple of hills and slightly undulating. Did parkrun yesterday and got a little carried away doing 18:26, just 5 seconds off my PB (very recently set) and have consumed more alcohol in the last 2 nights than I’ve had all year. As preparation goes, possibly not following convention, but I’d say it worked as I clocked 37:43, so smashed my goal for the year of getting a sub-40. My one and only 10K prior to that was a 43:xx in 2014!

Feels like I’ve had a slight breakthrough in the last month, and am now almost a proper runner.

Was really surprised I held on to the pace as I’ve hardly done any endurance training. A weekly track session and parkrun are about all I do regularly.

27 Likes

Good stuff!

1 Like

:kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Awesome result @Blueandy

1 Like

Big day for me looming - first runny race marathon for a few years. No idea how it’ll go, no specific training.

Threshold: 3:35
Target: 3:20
Miracle run: <3:15

Threshold is my Boston US Q, Target is London GFA time.

15 Likes

Good luck @TROSaracen!

1 Like

and now its been cancelled…

Well done, brilliant result

1 Like