2022 races

I’ll consider it a win if I get past the ballot :slightly_smiling_face: For sure the weather hasn’t been kind this year and I wouldn’t have wanted to run a disc today.

1 Like

Saw Lakesman happened at the weekend. None of us lot did it?
The winner ran a 2.48 and was the only one under 9 hours.

5 Likes

Almost identical time to me last year, just digits in the wrong order :person_facepalming:

4 Likes

I’m doing Ironman 70.3 Westfriesland on Sunday. Anybody else doing it, or has done it before?

Seems to be one of the less popular Ironman races!

1 Like

The half looked like it was nearly 1k short so not sure if the full is accurate?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Swim was 3.5km

https://www.strava.com/activities/7335385569

Bike 179km :+1:t3::heart_eyes:

Run was 39km

https://www.strava.com/activities/7335385745

Calling @adam and @gingerbongo for next years sub10 :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I don’t think there’s been a year where it hasn’t been short :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Not sure what the swim was last year, but I clocked 179.50 bike, 41.64 run.

Yeah, that’s a chunk short. Though still very good running.

Did some stalking of others from the top 10 or so, and yeah your distances seem pretty consistent. Lots of people getting congratulated on their sub 10s and stuff and not even one mate on their comments calling them out on the distance! :joy:

It’s still a great achievement. But I would not hesitate in pointing that out to a mate (with a big, genuine pat on the back as well).

4 Likes

It’s swear word massive :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I went through the groups of everyone on Strava and they’re all consistent, bar one swim at 3,800m, which is wiggly and wonky as sun, so obvs a GPS issue.

I’d have three sub10s to my name if the run was 39-40km :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Plus the 4-5min short swim.

Jokes. There is zero need for a lapped swim or run to be that short. The bike is acceptable to be 2km short, as that’s restricted by the lake and transition location, really.
Although even then, there’s always an opportunity for a hateful out and back somewhere to make up the distance (new IMUK course, I’m looking at you!)

@mw22 - link us up, Strava is a ballache to backtrack on

1 Like

Follow Mike on Strava to see this activity. Join for free. - ride

Follow Mike on Strava to see this activity. Join for free. - run

Didnt have a watch capable of recording swim so no idea on that.

1 Like

Cheers - yeah, their bike course is bang on.
Let’s play spot the difference, shall we?
HINT: I’ve circled them in with a Thin Blue Line :policeman:t4::oncoming_police_car:
#StravaPolice

1 Like

That’ll be the turnaround in the church then!!
I was hurling on that road - remember it well. My mate had to wave the paramedic off as I was making a bit of noise :rofl:

4 Likes

Jeez, you guys are a tough crowd!

I did the race. Certainly feel today as if I did a full Ironman!

Run was definitely short. They had to change rhe Run course last minute due to building work fron the new premier inn.

Great race though!

11 Likes

How did you do @Edge ?

11:22 :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3:

Great work.
Nice consistent splits, too :+1:t3::swimming_man:t2::biking_man:t4::running_man:t5:

:joy: Always hard to please!

Good work though, how was it? Did your day go as planned?

Slower than i’d hoped for.

Bike was tougher than expected…the wind on the coastal section was a killer.

Still a 5 minute PB…thanks to the short run😁

6 Likes

That the bit every says is always a tail wind - yet was a b@stard last year too; and you get the pleasure of it twice. Sure that was the worst bit of road surface too!

Yea, some of the road surface is pretty crappy, but that section of A66 into Keswick is sweet!