2022 Weigh-in Thread

I thought it might be lockdown, we will see over time.

Ultimately my seasonal weight changes are fine but they’re hiding a steady weight gain. Of course, diet and age will be the major factors.

I’m looking back at how I was eating three/four years ago. One major difference is that I used to fuel all my workouts, but stopped after discussing here. I’ll see if there’s a correlation there.

More generally I’m going to try to make time for eating the same way I make time for training. But given the time periods I doubt food quality is the major factor.

Looking at the graph again I guess it’s odd that bodyfat isn’t rising as quickly as weight. I stopped lifting ages ago.

2 Likes

What have folk had for breakfast today? :croissant:

I have have had 1 mug of tea pre 4km jogette with wife, then returned to 2 mugs of coffee and 2 slices of toast and jam. Thick sliced bread with those little seeds and grains in it, one of the slices was the crust and it was literally 4cm thick, generous butter and jam. I’m guessing 600-700kcal all in? Won’t eat again until about 1pm.

1 Like

Yeah similar. 2 x thick crusts of multi grain supermarket bread with butter and marmite. 1 x cup of coffee.

I will however be eating before 1pm and haven’t don’t any exercise. Though I did just water the allotment if that counts! :joy:

2 Likes

Mmmm marmite, you’ve got me fancying a third slice :yum:

Technically it’s Sainsbury’s yeast extract. I actually prefer the own brand ones to marmite. They’re more viscous so spread better and are a little bit darker. :yum:

Just chukcing some tin around then going to have 3 boiled eggs, 2 slices of toast with marmite

2 Likes

Just calculating the kcal on my brekkie, it’s probably north of 800 actually. Very difficult to estimate because no idea how much butter and jam went on, and it’s hard to describe what a doorstep that crust was. About a fifth of a loaf all in. Definitely got a good sugar buzz going on now though, and am going to pass on the marmite after all.

1 Like

Coffee and a brioche roll, glass of milk after the run.

Planning on eggs and bacon soon.

2 Likes

You must be stimulating muscle growth somehow?

With my recent increase I ate less but did 50% more weights and 60? % less cardio, and 000”s of press ups.

One small thing over a long period of time can have a big difference.

They say as you get older it’s harder to lose again, I ve always been an average athlete but I’ve been very good at controlling my weight, let’s see how it goes this time.

Is your diet strict/ clean ?

Surely simply looking at the price of the marmite would make you prefer anything else, a quid a slice of toast that the branded stuff costs is too much for anyone surely?

I don’t eat breakfast, I was way over 100kg’s when I ate breakfast.

2 Likes

Hmm. Muscle dropping, bone staying the same, water dropping.

Think it’s an artifact due to the muscle and BF being percentages?

Weight, bone mass and water are in kg.

Muscle mass is tracking down a few percent and BF up a few percent….so a net increase in BF would do that right?

1 Like

Trying not to laugh, but no.

I like to think I’m not bad but not great. Not a great deal of junk, but also not enough vegetables. My new work routine has meant I eat badly in office days which is why I want to plan my eating maybe reintroduce recovery drinks and energy on the bike.

Nothing

:laughing:

( wish I could run :pensive: )

1 Like

Fat is heavier than muscle … ish.

I get the one kg of muscle is the same as 1 kg of fat thing.

But in layman’s terms some of the steroid taking muscle monsters ( there mostly nice fellas to be honest ) I know are remarkably light for there size, all the pie eating fatties I know are really heavy !

Not very PC, but I live in a strange world most of the time.

My huge surge of nights will finish next week for a month, going to see if I can lose a touch then, the calories in calories out thing is basically 75% of it.

The rest seems smoke and mirrors, there’s always keto but that’s mental

2 Likes

That’s fascinating, you must have lost a stack of weight, at Cots you seemed pretty lean?

Breakfast is a fact of life here, first thing I think about every morning. Wife doesn’t like to run after eating so at the weekends we run before breakfast & I find that a challenge.

Just had lunch: bowl of veg soup (150kcal), 2 white bread rolls (330kcal), bit of cheddar on top (maybe 200kcal?) and another coffee

Edit: and a Fab ice lolly :yum: (75kcal of sugar water)

So far I reckon about 1600kcal in, as roughly 70% carbs, 20% fat, 10% protein. All very approx.

Hatching a plan for fish pie + IPA later

4 Likes

… I just pile it in, all in one go, at the end of the day :laughing:

1 Like

The thing I’m finding surprising, despite having only really had toast for breakfast and soup for lunch, I have already packed away 1600kcal which is probably
similar to my daily basal resting metabolic expenditure.

I guess this is where the exercise comes in, have jogged 5km (300kcal) and walked another 4km (200kcal) so far & am planning on getting an actual run in this afternoon (??1000kcal). Interesting to tot it all up once in a while though. Wouldn’t be surprised if both in and out are around 3000-3500 by bedtime tonight. Am neither losing not gaining weight here, so I guess everything is in some sort of balance overall.

1 Like

Office day:

06:30 get up, coffee with sugar, bread of some sort
07:30 cycle
09:00 cappuccino croissant
Another cappuccino if meetings allow
12:00 swim
15:00 egg sandwich sprite
18:00 cycle
20:00 dinner (wife’s choice or pub)
bedtime varies

Hmm. There are good restaurant facilities at work but I’m not using them. I might see if I can get in earlier see what’s available other than bacon. Or take a recovery drink with me.

Lunch is trickier, I use every minute to get a 30min swim in and they close at 2:30. Maybe I can get something takeaway and eat it later in the afternoon. Or another recovery drink at least.

Dinner, I can get some frozen fish cakes or something instead of Wetherspoons Coronary Specials I suppose.

3 Likes

Oh I was down to 84.something after the run and two cups of milk this morning. So water weight sweat loss mostly.

1 Like

Your calves alone probably need a plate of food each

… Think I got fruit thief mixed up with ginger bongo

1 Like