2023 races

I’m thinking that you would be well suited to smashing one of these out pretty quick. Would be an easy days workout in comparison with some of your sessions.

1 Like

I’ve done those sessions for decades, hyrox not so much.

There’s a young girl causing a commotion at our local gym, she works on reception.

The problem is she’s quite good at it ( expecting 1:20!) and she’s drop dead gorgeous, guys keep giving her “ tips” and offering “ help”

Says she’s doing Bham in Oct? I might have another go this winter …?!

What time you hoping for ( be careful, everyone’s watching ) ?!? Lol

2 Likes

I would have done B’ham or London but both are now closed to male competitors. Manchester should at least keep me honest over Xmas. I will say sub 90 would be within reach but I will train and hope for faster.

1 Like

5 mins per exercise is 1:20.

That’s 12 kph for the runs, but after some of those stations you can hardly walk, the people who really “ messed up” all said they tried to run too fast.

The people who went well used the run as recovery or at least ran to plan.

Those burpee jump things are just off the scale awful.

1 Like

Laponia Triathlon in Gallivare, full distance with start at midnight. Do some hiking then…
Sala Silverman end of August. Half and near the family-in-law.
Would do Challenge Vansbro as it’s half an hour drive from them and run by one of my wife’s high school class mates, but it’s Henley weekend.

Swedish theme for ‘travel events’, but any thoughts on fun ones in SE England appreciated.

4 Likes

Swimming at midnight :flushed:

Can sharks see in the dark :grimacing:

5 Likes

Yes.

They hunt at night …!

2 Likes

I’m being tempted into this by a couple of mates. One is a total novice rider, the other has been doing stuff with me and some mates for a year or so now. But both experienced endurance types from my ultra crew.

There’s now chat on our bigger sub-group which is those from my ultra runner crew that also ride. It’s predictably getting abusive and silly, which has moved me swiftly from ‘nah it’s not for me’ to ‘f**k yeah, i’ll blag that’.

One thing i don’t want to do is be buying a ton more kit. Spent enough updating my tri cupboard last year. So i don’t want to bike pack it. I want to go as light as possible and just go for it, all day and all night. Serious mechanicals will just have to be a risk. Not too far away so within rescuable range if needed.

7 Likes

Could you not borrow that camper and have it somewhere for a stop, couple of hours nap if needed and change of shorts? Plenty of calories in it as well.

Just had a look at that link, quite fancy that.

1 Like

Annoying that the a30 is banned

Could have smashed it :wink:

It looks like a fun event

Fucking do it!

I don’t think you’d have to buy too much kit at all

Maybe one of those rear bike carrier things for some extra clothing?

It’ll also be good prep for Outlaw too

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s allowed. You can use shops and hotels and stuff. But not pre-arranged support from a mate. Buy some new kit at a bike shop and change on the shop floor! :joy:

Tempted.

3 Likes

You can get pannier racks for bikes that don’t have the bosses and I think I still have some panniers I can post you.

ETA: No idea where they are if I have them but I would be shocked if I binned them as I am as tight as natives around here. I will have alook next time I am up there.

1 Like

Oh I can’t enter this - starts on one of my sons birthdays!

I was thinking more for GB

1 Like

Sorry Adam, I meant that reply for GB, just quoting you WRT the rear pannier racks that don’t need the bosses.

1 Like

Thanks for the offer, that’s super kind. But if I do it, I’m going proper minimal! No panniers. No big bags. No siree!

Boom or bust! :joy:

4 Likes

I’d probably do that too

It’s not that long, admittedly will be hilly though

2 Likes

Well i entered it. Its only £45 so no biggie if it doesn’t come off.

Plus I’ve now waved my balls with that information in my group chat! :joy:

11 Likes

200 miles should do it, through the night and you’ll be eating fish and chips on The Hoe Saturday night.

Looks epic. I’ve got a mate doing GBDURO at the moment, this could be a mini taster.

4 Likes

Deffo no backing out now, get your arse back on Zwift :rofl:

4 Likes