I think the John Charles centre may have opened silly early this morning to allow people to do the Leeds ironman swim before going to the race start. Must have been very late notice to get a lifeguard to open early, but seen a picture of around 50 people in the pool.
Hatfield, a localish lake was offering a free swim yesturday for anyone with an entry.
Yeah, on the IM Leeds FB page a lot of people were saying they should be able to submit a time from any swim to prove they’ve done the full distance
I can imagine people swimming in the Aire or other O\W bodies!
At Outlaw some had booked a swim in the near by ‘proper’ swim venue
IM Calella-Barcelona deadline to defer was yesterday, guess I’m giving it a go then (been ill all week which is typical)
Grabbed 2nd in the Duathlon at the local triathlon festival. 28s off first and beaten by a 35 YO who I knew as junior elite when I first started. Pleased that I can stay ‘in touch’ on the run (4th) and then TT to make up the difference so it is a matter of holding on until the finish.
Kielder Gravel Du in October is my next target before packing up the bike for the winter.
Right, once more with the right year ![]()
Somerset Levels 10km this morning. (there was a HM as well). Which given yesterday’s efforts on Dartmoor, was going to hurt a bit.
My plan was simple, start at the very back and just survive it (both races started at the same time). Gradually got into a groove, albeit slow. Struggled at 7km, and I’d generally been holding approx 5.50 pace.
8km was 47.30 and I thought if I pushed it, I could get under an hour, however, I was very tired. At 9km I made a decision to walk for 250mtrs, I needed the break but also knew doing that would blow the hour goal out of my mind.
Finished in 61mins.
The medal is quite cool. It has a picture of the cafe where the race started and finished.
Well done ![]()
Just tracking not racing, club mate is racing but the race map looks mad.
Hmm, I’m a massive bridge nerd
and I got a random email pushing this event to the running club!
It’s a nighttime 5K across the old Forth Road Bridge
you run on the bottom level then head back on the (closed) main carriageway! Bit pricey at £40 but that includes things like a cheapo headtorch.
Tempted, and I could do a parkrun on the morning around Edinburgh, fancy the one at Holyrood.
Wins a win ![]()
DEKA Fit this morning. I quite enjoyed it (even though won’t be troubling any podiums).
What’s that then?
500m run, then some exercise (like a 500m row) x 10.
I think for 6 of the last iM races I’ve entered I’ve blagged an end of rack spot!
Image says uploading for me.
As on Strava, lets hope for a glassy flat swim where the tide is kind.
Good weather on the bike and run.
All the best.
Ah bugger yeah. I’m in a pub watching football but the WiFi is awful. Phone reception has been terrible all day.
I’m the first rack straight out of transition - all world wanker status paying off again!
Looks like it’s solid rain until about ten where it may ease off for a dry afternoon.
Surely Rugby
football… is Wales FFS.



