2026 Races

Good luck. Re the sea, swim a bit more like you’re holding a barrel if it’s lumpy, rather than pool style. Think Donkey Kong :wink:

2 Likes

All the very best, I’m sure a lot of us will be tracking & wishing you a strong day.

Don’t get sucked into any negative ninny chat about the swim. Deal with what is actually in front of you.

5 Likes

Yeah good luck Barry.

Has Jeff made it out there yet?

2 Likes

No, arrives tomorrow I think.

1 Like

Yep, my flight is 6am! So heading to bed soon, taperitis is kicking in and my nose is running, hopefully just my sinuses from swimming last night. The last few weeks has dragged a bit and just want it over with now, it’s been pretty intense at work as well since the students started returning with everything else going on. In hindsight I probably should have gone today and had another day to unwind as the next few days are still going to be chewy.

Not sure how it’ll go. If the sea isn’t too bad I think my swim will be in the 75 minute region without trying too hard. Not going to push the bike too hard so that I can get some food in, anything under 5:30 will be alright assuming decent conditions.

The run is going to be an unknown and the meltdown at ADH is still in my mind with the stomach problems that happen regularly. But it shouldn’t be 35c on Sunday, in fact the weather is currently saying pretty heavy rain all day which won’t be good for me!

With a bit of luck I can make it to 25-30k before the wheels fall off, after that there’s likely to be more walking than running!

RN I’d accept 11:30.

5 Likes