2026 Races

Top work :clap::clap:

1 Like

Race week, early arrival



I’ve made it in one piece… the bike kind of hasn’t. Well, I semi broke it packing it. Not unpacking the bike yet.

(Might be an Amazon order to the hotel, found a local bike as well, so options if needed)

14 Likes

Nice !

No tt bike? Too hilly?

Well done

1 Like

500-600 metres over 40kms. They described it as undulating.

3 Likes

Sea temp is 26C apparently :confused:

12 Likes

Nice, got a swim skin?

1 Like

Do I need to bother bringing my wetsuit! Some of them will be having a stroke if they hear that :face_with_spiral_eyes:

2 Likes

No. Would it help much?

Actually just checked the rules, wetsuits are allowed up to 28c but between ~25-28c it means you aren’t eligible for awards\Kona etc.

Guess the other thing is dehydration.

3 Likes

Not with buoyancy but may make you slightly more slippery.

1 Like

I dont think thats going to help me much.

Oh well at least, I can get two of my full board meals.

3 Likes

One of my old Dorset Doddlers running club mates has been aging like a good Bordeaux.

He’s 48 years old now and just ran a PB 2h35 at Berlin marathon.

that’s 3m39 per km x 42.4km according to his Strava

10 years ago he was normal-slow like me, we used to run races at roughly the same pace. Now he’s in another country (figuratively, he was also literally in another country for the Berlin marathon obviously).

No idea was he has done to go from a MOP 40 year old plodder to a pretty much elite near-M50.

20 Likes

Thats insane! Gives all us 40+ some hope. I am currently reminiscing of messing my sub 3hr attempt up in 2021 and then I went and ran a 79 min Half the week after which would indicate I was WELL within sub 3 fitness. Something I think I’m gonna have to come back to

6 Likes

If you want to track 807

You might only get one ping, started the swim… then silence lol.


^ That might be as close I’ll get to the finish.

Ffs Its windy and white caps as far as the eye can see :eyes:

Being the shite swimmer I am it took me two attempts to get beyond the breakers. Then it was up and over the waves like roller coaster.

PS worse than the picture in the weather thread from yesterday.

15 Likes

Good luck, do us proud!

2 Likes

Do you mean I should be in Spoons by 9am?

I’ll try my best that is for sure, in the event (not to get to Spoons.)

I am sure plenty of people are shitting themselves and taking videos of the sea.

I am not, I felt safe during my short swim today, not stressed but it was hard work for sure.

One step at a time is my motto.

5 Likes

Good luck dude! Smash it!

2 Likes

Good luck both and anyone else having a go this weekend

1 Like

Buena suerte

Fingers crossed things are a bit calmer before the main event

1 Like

Tracker is set up and I look forward to following your progress. Ignoring your rather busy day on Sunday I hope you’re having a good holiday.

1 Like