60 in 61

So I managed 92 runs last autumn and just fell shy of the 100 in 100 days…the aim this year is to run every morning in Nov and Dec apart from when i have to leave early to hit the road for the Lakes…

First one in the bag, a rather ponderous 4 km loop down to the Derwent and back up cemetery hill…

a rather tight right calf is about the norm for beginning a venture like this…so i will supplement with some mobilisation and S&C…

11 Likes

Probably the opposite for me, might as well use the month to reduce my running after today and try to let my groin recover.

I can’t see how the marathon will go ahead, although slightly concerned they move it to December.

Enjoy the running though.

1 Like

Great idea! Are you using it as training runs or will some just be a ‘get out and run’ type?

1 Like

Both hopefully…some will be a quick dash out, but hopefully some will be structured…

Quite like this idea. With the prospect of no swimming. Will aim for a run each day. We’re down on the south coast today. Going to see if I can sneak a run on Butser Hill on the way back

2 Likes

Enjoy!

1 Like

Once lockdown starts I’m most likely going to be doing a 10km each morning

2 Likes

Round 2 this morning. Very stiff legs in the pouring rain but another 4k in the bank…

1 Like

Just got back from my daily run too. Surprised my legs felt quite good after yesterday’s brief jaunt up the hill. Managed to slightly increase the pace with every km. missed the massive downpour and the sun even made an appearance

2 Likes

typically the sun is out now and it looks a beautiful autumn day…but it changes so quickly here…

1 Like

Switched to the afternoon to run at work (Spring lakes) and with a BTF regional manager, before we are locked down…

a gorgeous backdrop (River trent, sunset and rainbow) and, other than a tight right calf, a good chatty 9km

What are the rules on this? Am I aloud to skip a day then then double up?

1 Like

Skip 60 days then do 60 reps of a short hill on the last.

1 Like

There are no rules Adam, just run when you can, as best you can…and enjoy…

1 Like

60 reps is day 30 :slight_smile:

:+1:t2:

Going to double up tomorrow. Day didn’t go to plan and I opted for a couple of hours on the turbo this evening

2 Likes

8 in 8 so far with a great 12k run in the mist late this afternoon…

1 Like

Yep. I’m 8 for 8 too. Kept it all pretty short, conscious to not over do it

2 Likes

4 for 4 here, but I only started on Thursday

2 Likes

I’m injured :face_with_head_bandage: