A place for random, light hearted nonsense

4 Likes

Good typo in an email I received this morning

12 Likes

Is that Sandbagging lol

:hushed: https://screenrant.com/predator-1987-jean-claude-van-damme-fired-dehydration/amp/

Timmy Mallett is riding around the UK and he’s on Strava. :grinning:

6 Likes

:joy:

8 Likes

Someone missed the point entirely here.

5 Likes

Hands up, who was it?

6 Likes

Must be a remainer :roll_eyes::rofl:

4 Likes

Never give up!

Yeah, paddleboarding got out of hand the other day.

1 Like

‘There’s no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you’ll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone onboard who can fly a plane?’

7 Likes

How hard could it be?

I have hundreds of hours on F19 stealth fighter on the Atari ST so could probably manage

8 Likes

Computer does it, doesn’t it?
Pilot is just there for if the computer breaks, right?

1 Like

Not to mention probably half an hour watching YouTube videos of the cockpit

Drop speed, point the nose down. Put the flaps up. How hard can it be? :laughing:

:boom:

Oops :grimacing:

2 Likes

I now you’re probably jesting, but some light aircraft are fitted with Garmin Autoland which will find an airport, communicate with ATC and land it.

But the one above was Cessna Caravan, ugliest plane in the world, and probably barely had basic AP

3 Likes

Dont need to do the second one as it will happen anyway when you drop the speed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Think I’d take the parachute option

🪂 

_:evergreen_tree::deciduous_tree:

We did a trip to South Africa a few years ago and we transferred between different game reserves in small planes. We thought the plane from Jo’burg to Skukuza was small (2 pilots, 10 passenger seats) until we saw the plane that was taking us from Skukuza to Phinda :open_mouth: .

It was about the size of a small family car. It landed at Skukuza with a couple of passengers already in the back. Mrs W got in the back with them and I had to sit in the front next to the pilot. We took off, got to cruising altitude and then the pilot switched on the auto pilot. You could see it tracking the route on the GPS screen.

At this point, with nothing else to do the (very young-looking) pilot took out a big ring binder and started reading. I don’t know if he was just doing to for affect, but he was very visibly studying emergency procedures :open_mouth: . It’s probably a good thing that I’m not a nervous pilot because that could really freak you out :roll_eyes: .

The landing strip at Phinda was one of those places where the pilot has to do a low pass over the runway before landing to scare off the animals that were grazing there :rofl:

13 Likes

There used to be domestic carrier in Bali called SMAK Airways :smile:

4 Likes