A place for random, light hearted nonsense

I got an invite to a private showing at the Royal Academy summer exhibition from our tax advisors a few years ago and there was a piece there which was simply the word “Dogs” in neon light.

The price tag? £70,000 :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Looks good that :clap:t3::+1:t3:
Does the “‘t be” unlight?

5 Likes

Good idea for the next one

1 Like

Wow! London prices lol

1 Like

Ooh!!
I love a “Next one” :clap:t3:

But no Bruce Nauman, please :see_no_evil::face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

I have this on a hoodie

13 Likes

My dad used to say “The first rule of theatre is to always leave them wanting more”.

He was a wonderful man, but a terrible anaesthetist.

21 Likes

If at first you don’t succeed, sky diving probably isn’t the sport for you!

11 Likes

“I’ve decided to give up being a human and become a collie: Japanese man spends £12,500 on ultra-realistic dog costume so he can live like an animal.”

Well this serves me right for reading the daily mail - what was I thinking :woman_facepalming: :rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Yep, you won’t do that again lassie.

2 Likes

Ray liotta’s dead!

1 Like

I watched a doumentary once about blokes that had actual relationships with blow up dolls, one of them was married & openly admitted the wife would have to leave before the doll. Amaze balls, only in America.

6 Likes

Nipped into the local Lidl and they are cutting their prices to help with the cost of living… :laughing:

14 Likes

“inflation beating price cuts”

1 Like

Maybe the original sign said 42p Each :smile:

3 Likes

One for @Poet

Whitby: Ghoulish gathering smashes ‘vampire’ world record - BBC News

1 Like

Erm…

“The “vampires” needed to stand together in the same place for five minutes to break the record”

They know that’s not possible, right???
That’s just physics.

Also, from last nights family WhatsApp:

“We went over’t’bridge for a chippy tea, but couldn’t get near Riverside, or’t’Abbey, summat about vampires”

6 Likes

How comes our northern posters on here don’t type with an accent like that :joy:

6 Likes

I’ve been living Darn Sarf for the last 25 years, so my accent is pretty neutral now, but if I spend more than a couple of days in Yorkshire the accent comes back pretty quickly :rofl:

3 Likes

I occasionally do!

I’ve never lost my extremely loud Northern accent…but it gets a heck of lot worse after a few days in Dracula Land :slight_smile:
But yes, I do talk like that, dropping T’s and H’s all over the place.

3 Likes