Aero on a budget

I was mixed up with another forum I used to visit ages ago. (can’t even remember what the forum was for!)

1 Like

I’m thinking about it too. My current wheels at 50 deep and I don’t want to stick any tape to it. I think I might look for a cheap 2nd hand rear and add the cover to that instead.

1 Like

You say that the inner tubes in the bundle were free, I would say they were a saving as I’m always going to use them :upside_down_face:

1 Like

But but but…
The Michelin latex are 1.3W slower*** than the Vittoria :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

***whatever that really means

3 Likes

Ha ha ha - I’m being a pedant :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
In reality, I’d just order from whatever place had them in stock and could deliver quickest.

Pink is also better than green.

And nobody has mentioned this.
https://www.merlincycles.com/elite-crono-cx-aero-bottle-cage-kit-104672.html
Got to be worth a few seconds right?

1 Like

I have that.
As do most pro’s :+1:t3:

Do they all rattle like sh1t?? Anyone got an easy hack to stop it rattling?

I think @stenard mentioned, blow into the bottle after drinking to ‘reinflate’ before putting it back in the mount.

3 Likes

Skateboard grip tape.
Or adhesive velcro tabs.

Man, you need to up your #LifeHack game

1 Like

Yep, this. It puffs it out and then it locks in nicely

Andy something his real name, I bought my Stealth off him when he was still at PX

Andy Sexton, I had a couple of bike fits with him.

1 Like

Actually, when leaving my bike fit I saw one of the club mates waiting outside, it turns out he was there for a job interview. He got it and was doing fitting there for a while. We’re members of Swindon Tri Club, so it was fairly long commute.

But then I’d just end up looking for a 2nd hand disk wheel. I really don’t need any more wheels.

1 Like

Condition is “used”
WTF are those white stickers covering?

I’d be very wary of that!

I’m not buying it. Just saying, once you start going down the route of buying a wheel specifically to put a disc cover on, then you quickly end up convincing yourself that you need a regular disc wheel.

To me, one of the benefits of a disk cover would be not having a wheel that only ever gets used in races. I ride my deep section wheels whenever I go out on my TT - they are not that deep anyway. I would be less inclined to ride them with a disk cover on, but maybe I should?

Ive got a flo disc - which is basically a glorified disc cover.
Also got a deep rear that came with bike.

Never took the disc off since I got it… doesnt bother me in wind (no more than a deep-ish front whilst riding TT bike).

Actually, thinking about it, I could use my old turbo wheel. I’m sure I read somewhere there was a minimum rim depth to make this work, but I can’t find it now.