All things camping & campervan

First mini camp ‘trip’ tomorrow. Last min thing, but meeting a mate and his 2 girls at a local Campsite for the night. Give the wives an evening free. Though Mrs GB is annoyed that she had no notice to organise anything rather than sit alone :roll_eyes: I offered for her to come, but the thought of being sat there listening to me and my mate rabbit on all night over a couple of beers sounded much worse! :joy:

Need to dig out all the kit now! :joy:

9 Likes

Double down and accidentally take tv remote with you :joy:

4 Likes

Where toos is that site?

Being nosey; roughly how much does a conversion like that run to?

There’s a town in Oz called Werribee, I’m sure someone from Somt named it. :smile:

4 Likes

My wife gives me jip for saying ‘where to?’ But I feel vindicated as that’s what the Air BnB search box says :tipping_hand_man:

2 Likes

Israel from memory, think that’s where Jgav went on his HOLIBOBS! :wink: :joy:

1 Like

This is the place in Tewkesbury we nearly bought from before we found the van we have now.
This will give you a ballpark for a standard side layout, MW’s is more bespoke.

3 Likes

13 Likes

Did you cut your own road to get there? :smile:

4 Likes

They call me the pathfinder

2 Likes

What sports nutrition are you using though?

6 Likes

our camper also makes a very good cardboard box transport system to the local recycling centre. pushed the R&R seat forward as far as it would go (it’s on rails) and filled the rear with flattened cardboard. 1st trip of many after this move I reckon.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Caught an old episode of 8 Out of 10 Cats last night. Can’t remember the context but this phrase came up which made me chuckle;
“We all know Glamping is for Glunts”

6 Likes

So have I been sucked into the marketing or are roof tents a worthwhile investment? I enjoy camping but I’ve never quite found the sweet spot of simple versus practical. Seeing the impending budget squeeze on the horizon, I am thinking that returning to simple camping holidays will be a better option than the 4/5 day escapes to Nice/Mallorca/Italy. We know we don’t want a van so the tentbox type option looked quite good to me.

1 Like

I’ve always thought they’re a lot of money for what is ultimately a tent. If you’re not really concerned about being eaten by lions I think I’d just get a normal tent, the air ones pitch really quickly and easily.
They also have some downsides, do you want to climb up and down a ladder every time you need the loo. You can’t sit in the entrance of the tent and cook outside if the weather isn’t so good and they don’t have that really useful porch area for dumping gear like most tents do.

4 Likes

You can buy an awining that attaches to the roof tent and also an under the roof tent ‘room’ if you get one of the bigger roof tents. The Thule ones look good too.

1 Like

Todays hire vehicle is…

14 Likes

Had been looking at some Adria vans on various sites

You will have to let me know what you think…